View Full Version : Does your screen whine? (iPaq h1935)

Skoobouy
12-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Mine does for some reason. It didn't start until I applied and removed an iConcepts screen protector. It goes away when I touch the screen with a stylus. Could it be caused by pulling the digitizer away from the screen? Otherwise it functions completely as normal.

pocketpcfox
12-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Mine does for some reason. It didn't start until I applied and removed an iConcepts screen protector. It goes away when I touch the screen with a stylus. Could it be caused by pulling the digitizer away from the screen? Otherwise it functions completely as normal.

Wow, ears like a dog! :wink:

Skoobouy
12-13-2003, 07:44 PM
Well, woof woof then.

ctmagnus
12-13-2003, 09:01 PM
I noticed my 5550 does that if I have the backlight turned way down (not off). If I turn it all the way up it's less noticeable. I imagine it's something to do with the fact that less power is required to light the screen when the backlight isn't as intense so the supplied power that isn't consumed outputs itself in the form of sound, as it has to go somewhere.

Excalliber
12-13-2003, 09:06 PM
My h2210 did this for a while, except it was so loud that i couldn't even turn in on without flinching. I replaced it, and the new one did the same after a few weeks. I gave up on calling hp, and the sound just stopped a few days after it started. It's still there, but i can't hear it unless i put my ear to the screen. What could possibly explain that :?: