View Full Version : help -new user having trouble

dougie
12-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi there, hope you can help- I bought a pocket pc (from medion). when I put it into the cradle to connect it with my pc it will work one in twenty times :devilboy: some times it will connect and I will go to look at the content in mobile device and nothing will show.

Also I am looking for a sat nav program with speed camera notices on it that does'nt cst the earth.

Please help
thanks
Dougie :lol:

David Prahl
12-12-2003, 11:13 PM
What version of ActiveSync are you using? Most people prefer version 3.7 instead of 3.7.1, so you might want to upgrade or downgrade your copy.

What do you mean by a "sat nav program with speed camera notices on it that does'nt cst the earth" ?

Pat Logsdon
12-12-2003, 11:38 PM
What do you mean by a "sat nav program with speed camera notices on it that does'nt cst the earth" ?
My guess is that he's looking for a navigation program that includes locations of speed cameras (so he doesn't get caught speeding), that isn't too expensive. Have I got that right, dougie? :mrgreen:

To answer the question, I think you're out of luck. To my knowledge, there are no Pocket PC navigation programs that list locations of anything other than regular POI information: restaurants, banks, ATMs, that sort of thing. For normal vehicular navigation purposes, I'd look into TomTom Navigator - I've heard good things (http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/handhelds/0,39023880,10003822,00.htm)about their UK maps.

dougie
12-13-2003, 12:52 AM
Hi Guys

Thanks for your reply's. im using active sync 3.7 and yes im asking about satalite navigation. I spend many hours on the roads and it would be good to know the black spots. I have also heard about tom tom but it is quite expensive.

where can I get 3.71?

Thanks
Dougie

dougie
12-13-2003, 01:04 AM
p.s Thanks for the link David I'm using med navigation at the moment works well exept for the speed camera thing
Cheers again
Dougie

David Prahl
12-13-2003, 02:23 AM
It was Surgical Snack that provided that link, he was quoting something that I said.

I hadn't even heard about compiling a list of speed cameras locations! Just goes to show you how different Wisconsin is (at least where I live).
http://www.tilenut.com/Batchelder/grantwood/americanGOTH2.JPG

Speaking of such:
I drive a van to school, and yesterday all of the car doors were frozen shut. I threw myself against them and beat along the edges, but could only get one door open. From that point on it was a puzzle - I ended up crawling through the truck to get the other doors open! :)

norfolk.enchance
12-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Dougie,
Have you tried trafcam.com? I don't think the program will work with the packaged GPS if you bought your PDA fom Aldis. Worth checking though. :?:

dougie
12-13-2003, 04:17 PM
will give it a try. no wonder you dont need speed camera stuff in the states, the uk make millions from guys going 3mph over the limit(what a rip off) :twisted:

dougie
12-13-2003, 04:32 PM
I have just checked out trafcam, It look like the one for me. It will work along side TomTom. I will get My sync problem sorted first then get the software.

I would like to say thanks for your time and help guys with tomtom and trafcam,its the solution I was looking for.

cheer's again
Merry X mas/Thanks Giving
Dougie :D