View Full Version : When's the new iPAQ coming to compete with the E805?

nosmohtac
12-11-2003, 07:22 AM
I don't know If I can wait. I'm itching to get the new E805 from Toshiba.
I know that the VGA is coming in the rest of the PPC's in 2004, but anyone have insight into what HP will be coming out with?

I would stick with iPAQ, if they would come out with a 5600 series with similar specs to the Toshiba. I could even handle VGA on a 3.78" screen instead of a 4".

The Toshiba, to me, would be a perfect PDA, if it built in BT, and the IR port on top. I want a PDA with Wi-Fi, BT, Consumer IR, Dual Slots, and USB host capability.
I know I won't get both slots built in, if they come out with a 5600 series, but that's allright since I already have the sleeves.

BTW, I know that there are other devices out there that are USB host capable. Does anyone know what they are? I know that the Casio E-200 was, but I want to know the current ones.

PetiteFlower
12-11-2003, 08:54 PM
I didn't think any devices currently available had host capabilities....maybe one of the Toshibas? I don't remember.

nosmohtac
12-12-2003, 07:04 AM
I didn't think any devices currently available had host capabilities....maybe one of the Toshibas? I don't remember.

I know the E740,E750, and the E805 are all USB host capable. I just have never been very interested in Toshiba's styling until the e805