View Full Version : Programs out there for landscape mode?

tdrake
12-11-2003, 05:40 AM
I am still a novice to the ipaqs (only had one for about a month and i already dont remember living without it)

anyways I wanted to find a program for landscape mode so I could have more room to type when using my wireless keyboard.

I have a 1935 and was wondering if there are ny programs that would do this. I know it can be done cause I have ziogolf on my ipaq and the landscape mode on it is great.

It would also be nice to have it turned since I could have the keyboard IR arm at a straight 90 degree angle and not on its side.

Thanks -- any feedback would be nice to know if this kind of app does or does not exist.
:D

tdrake
12-11-2003, 05:49 AM
Sorry - I have an ipaq 1930 not 1935 like I wrote.

I found one program on windows mobile called

Nyditot Virtual Display, Version 3.22 -- says it is compatible with 1930 --

Has anyone heard or used this one? Will it work for what I need? It costs 19.95 - is there a similar one out there not so expensive?

nosmohtac
12-11-2003, 07:12 AM
I don't use it, but I believe that NYDITOT virtual display is the most popular landscape mode software.

It does require a soft reset when switching, and make sure you don't have the built in password protection enabled on your iPAQ. I remember installing and trying this in my Jornada, and I think I had to do a hard reset, because the number pad came up wanting my password, but the keypad in landscape wasn't showing the 7,8,9, or 0 buttons because they ran off the screen.

BTW, anyone know how to Pronounce NYDITOT. I believe I read somewhere that it stands for "Now whY Didn't I Think Of That".

jimH
12-11-2003, 03:01 PM
You might want to try dotpocket. It works great on my 2215. It has a 30 day trial period and available from dotpocket.com. I have been using it while typing with my Stowaway Wireless keyboard.

Jim

tdrake
12-11-2003, 10:45 PM
downloaded teh dotpocket -- after 10 minutes of playing around it looks like it will work great. Thanks a lot. I think I will go with that one just cause it is 5 bucks cheaper and it says right on the website that it is tested to work good in teh 1930.

Thanks again for the replies.

Dave Potter
12-11-2003, 11:43 PM
I've used both DotPocket and Nyditot. I prefer Nydidtot hands down. Dot Pocket has this annoying little square that sits on the screen when you use resolutions other than the standard. You can move it around - but I never could get it to go away. Seems like a small thing - but it bugged the crap outta me.

mmeytin
12-24-2003, 04:02 PM
I've used dotPocket for landscape mode on Toshiba Pocket PC - worked great. It appears that they dropped their prices for the holidays - the video driver portion of the product is only $10. The URL: http://www.dotpocket.net/

-M-