View Full Version : Problems with Agenda Fusion 5.3?

popabawa
12-10-2003, 02:01 PM
I seem to be having a problem with AF 5.3 on my iPAQ 2210.

Since I installed the upgrade (as soon as it was available), twice AF has just refused to run and has required a backup restore as a soft reset hasn't cured the problem.

When it happens, I start AF, it looks like it's starting then it just stops and dumps me back to the previous screen. This happend whatever (Tasks, Contacts, Calendar etc.) I try to start.

I've never experienced any issues with AF in the last 2 years I've used it.

I have a fair amount of other stuff installed so I'm seeing if anyone else a problem before I email DeveloperOne.

Iain

Lex
12-12-2003, 02:35 AM
I reported this to DeveloperOne last night. You should too.

Awaiting reply.

iPAQ 3845. PPC 2002.

barryborman
12-12-2003, 05:45 AM
I have had a similar problem and notified D1 a couple of weeks ago. It is good(?) to know I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

ddavtian
12-12-2003, 05:48 AM
I thought it was only me having this problem :-)

Iznot Gold
12-12-2003, 08:53 AM
Hi, I was having problems with V5.3 too but have upgraded to V5.32, which has mostly improved the situation. You guys using V5.32?

David

Lex
12-12-2003, 11:47 AM
Yes, it's 5.32 downloaded and installed this week on Tuesday 12/9.

popabawa
12-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys, didn't realise there was a 5.32 update. I'll give it a go to see if it helps.

Iain.

Lex
12-12-2003, 03:04 PM
I should have been more clear.

I'm having the original problem posted above with the latest version, 5.32.

barryborman
12-12-2003, 11:28 PM
I am using 5.32; however, after about 3 uninstalls and reinstalls it is a little more stable now - but certainly not as stable as 5.1. Even now if I close AF it does take a couple of times to restart. One other thing I have found: in the month view I can't change the colour for the appointment time/locn - it is always the default color. No problem with any other view.

BTW: has anyone found a optimum font size for the views. I sometimes use 8pt for some views and 7pt for others.

baggins
12-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Has anybody had problems with the icons that you can associate with appointments. Mine appear smaller than they used to be in previous versions of AF. And since they seem smaller, they also appear distorted. I'm using version 5.32

Bags

Lex
12-14-2003, 05:25 PM
The developer told me that changed when they made the Month View calendar a bit larger. Fonts got slightly re-designed in order to provide more viewable text.

Some of my custom icons are now smaller and I'll have to re-design 'em because detail is lost.

popabawa
12-14-2003, 11:24 PM
I'm wondering if this might be a memory issue.

It just happened again (v 5.32), I only had a couple of meg program memory left. Did a soft reset, cleared out about 6 meg of files, soft reset again and BINGO, AF re-started.

Be interesting to see if this works for anyone else.

Iain.

popabawa
12-16-2003, 04:01 PM
I've finally reported the problem to Developerone after another instance of the problem today.

The upgrade to 5.32 doesn't seem to have made a difference and I can't replicate solving the problem as I outlined in the post above.

Getting a bit annoyed with this now, another backup restore here we come...

Anyone had a resolution from Developerone yet?

Iain.

popabawa
12-16-2003, 11:08 PM
This is turning into a one man thread.....

Kudos to developerone for their response time. I now have version 5.3.9 to try out to see if it fixes the problem.

After 4 hours - so far, so good! :mrgreen:

Iain

Iznot Gold
12-17-2003, 09:05 AM
Iain let us know how you get on with V5.3.9. Whilst V5.32 improved things for me it still is not working as well or as reliably as V5.1.
Any new features in V5.3.9?
Keep up the one man thread!
David

barryborman
12-17-2003, 11:49 AM
How did you manage to get 5.3.9?

popabawa
12-17-2003, 12:28 PM
After another 2-3 hours use this morning - still stable - WhooHoo!

I've not exactly gone through every option but I've noticed the following;

I had a problem with displaying contacts, sometimes the contacts screen would just 'blank' and I'd have to move away from that screnn and come back to it to make them display properly. That seems to have been fixed AND contacts seems a little quicker.

There's a new camera icon at the bottom of the Contacts screen which takes you to a screen where you can select the contact's image. Much better than the naming conventions of 5.3.2. There's also an option to add a company logo which is nice. This feature now works very well, AF makes a copy of the image in the folder you specify and renames it.

The category 'colours' now works as I'd expect it to, e.g. in the Agenda view, the background is the colour you've chosen in the 'Edit Categories' option. I really like this feature, I wasn't sure if it would be too useful at first.

The email I recieved from AF indicated there would be a 3.4 release fairly soon and that the 5.3.9 version they game me WASN'T designed for release, just for testing the stability.

barryborman - After I had problems with 5.3 & 5.3.2 I emailed DeveloperOne (there is a feedback from on their website) explaining the problems I had and they sent me the 5.3.9 .cab file to try.

Iain.

arbitrajeu
12-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Agenda Fusion 5.4 is now available on DevOne's website. You can read more about it, and download it, here:

http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/update_version540.htm

Lex
12-20-2003, 01:51 PM
5.41 is available now at

http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/download.htm

It resolved the issue of only one category icon per day displaying on Month View days. (If you have two or more of the -same- icon on a day, only one of them displays; that's being worked on.)

It seems to have solved the 'tap to start, partially start, then fail to start' problem previously reported.

Lex
12-21-2003, 01:32 PM
It turns out AF 5.41 seems to have fixed most of the bug issues reported from the past few updates.

And the display of one category icon of a specific type, per day, on the Month View is by design. Multiple icons can display on a given day, but only one icon of a specific event type per day. (i.e. if you have an icon for 'Phone' and note 4 phone events on a day, only one 'Phone' icon will display on that day.)

It's working as it should, per the developer.

terrypin
12-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Can someone clarify how to use the new 'category colours' feature in 5.3 and 5.4 please? So far, in 5.4, I can't get any results from using Manage|Categories.

I tap the dotted symbol at right of a category and then select a colour. But the Selection box at bottom then always changes from white to black. After tapping OK and OK again to return to a task view, nothing has changed for tasks in that category.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.