View Full Version : Ohhhh yeah baby. It's that time again...

sublime
12-10-2003, 04:25 AM
Software lists!

These are done often, but the most recent one here is old, and since Christmas is coming soon, we can consider this a software own/wish list. I'll go first:

ListPro - Allows me to satisfy my obsessive-compulsive organization fetish. Yummy.
Mastersoft Money - See above; only this program is better/nicer for finances than ListPro
Valksoft Space Reclaimer - Cleanliness is somewhat related to organization, so it turns me on.
Age of Empires Gold - damn fun game. Playing this and/or watching Lord of the Rings makes me want to become an archer and hunt stuff, like, ionno, birds or something.
Monopoly - another damn fun game, even though its easy and the computer is stupid. I still love the feeling when some unlucky bastard lands on my hotelled Boardwalk. Pay me!
Pocket Backup Plus - This is bloody well great. For those of us pissing our pants for fear that our Sandisk cards are gonna peter out any second now, this program allows us to backup to PC. That's cool. And the free PocketMon that comes with it is an absolutely great battery/memory monitor that tells you when to backup your files. Sweet.
CNetX Flash Format - Another comfort buy for us with Sandisks. The "Verify and Repair" makes me feel good.
Spb Pocket Plus - Cool launcher and alarm thingy. This was more of an impulse/boredom buy. Ah well.
TextMaker - A great program that many of us got on sale for much cheaper than regular price, but useless to me. But it was on sale!
Resco File Explorer - Because all the cool people are doing it, mom.
Snails - Free for subscribers. Whoopeee! It's fun until you beat it, then it just takes up space.
Gamebox Classics - First game I bought. Now it collects dust with Snails while I play Age of Empires and think about shooting arrows at chickens. Here chook chooks!
Pocket Informant - My trial version trials were terrible until I stopped clicking the tabs like a madman. As soon as I used the program calmly I had no problems with it. And it's good, too.
Audible Player - Because listening to poetry is easier than reading it.

That's it for now.

Jon Westfall
12-10-2003, 05:31 AM
I'll omit descriptions of items already mentioned:
Ewallet - Because sometimes you just can't remember that password you used 3 months ago to register for that forum you post to once every year...
MeetingMute - Great for PPCPE users who don't want their phone ringing in the middle of something important.
Calligrapher - Hey, it can recognize most of my handwriting - a notable feat.

And from above, Listpro, Space Reclaimer, Pocket Informant, Audible Player.

maximus
12-10-2003, 08:44 AM
winampaq -- ogg playing is a must !
pocketmvp -- divx.
wimr? -- to find those pesky little missing RAM.
slovoed -- english to english dictionary
running voice gsm -- need I say more ? voice call, SMS ...

Falstaff
12-10-2003, 03:14 PM
TextMaker: Great word processing software, It'll be very handy once I get a keyboard.
Age of Empires: AWESOME! Like sublime I'm addicted.
Thunderhawk Browser: 30-day trial (I've extended once already though :D ) It is an incredible browser.
AIM: The free version from the British site, use it often while watching TV or at school, it has a great interface.
Argentum: Cool game, but I stopped playing when I got AOE.
SlovEd: English-German Dictonary, very good quality and so many words.
Dope Wars: I've gotten a few of my friends at school addicted to this even.
Pocket MVP: Great divx player.
Minesweeper and Pong: Can't go wrong with the classic games, if I start playing, I just keep going.
Battery Pack 2004: A great tool, quick launch menu, task switcher and battery/memory stats.
Pocket Music Feature Pack: A very nice music player. It has a huge number of features (displays on today screen, full screen landscape mode, great list organizer, winamp 2.x skins)[/b]

draiken
12-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Metalion 2.0 It's a MUST, very addictive
Inetinfosoftsys MultyPartnerSync Another Must (sync with Home/Office PC's and laptop)
Seligman's Launcher Nice, Small and unobtrusive

Oh, and most of the above... :wink:

:lol: :roll: :lol: 8O

tanalasta
12-11-2003, 07:18 AM
muahahaha! i have all the programs i want! including many in the lists above! so there :)

Actually i wouldn't mind trying these:
textmaker Missed the promo. Very disappointed.
More medical programs These are wayyyyy too expensive.

Thats about it really... I have all the essentials i want. :) More interested in hardware upgrades than software!

Oh, and i really do recommend batterypack 2004, PI and listpro. And the resco group of programs :) Not really a big fan of games no more... hehehee but i wouldn't mind Anthelion either![/b]

Dave Beauvais
12-11-2003, 08:09 AM
Current list is at my site (http://www.beauvais1.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6). I just updated it today, so it's pretty accurate. :)