View Full Version : 2210 users

sublime
12-10-2003, 03:58 AM
What slot do you keep your memory card in? I've got a 1gig CF card permanently in the 2210 and plan on using the SD for wireless/camera later on. Do any of you have it the other way around? Are CF cameras/wireless cards better than SD cameras/wireless cards?

Thoughts?

Sven Johannsen
12-10-2003, 04:36 AM
At this point it isn't a matter of better for me. I started with a Jornada which had a CF slot. So, I have a CF NIC, Modem, VGA card, serial card, camera, GPS, coffee warmer. When I got a Jornada that had the capability of adding an MMC/SD battery back, I naturally used the little slot for memory, leaving the CF slot freee for peripherals I had. When I got a Dell Axim X5, same thing, and I just followed along with my 2215. If my 2215 was my first PDA, I'm not sure which direction I'd go. You can't get an SDIO NIC, Modem or VGA card (yet), but most other things are available. So it would depend a lot on how much I thought I needed those particular items, whether I opted for SD or CF memory.

Actually I would love to see some manufaturer stick an SD slot inside the device. Maybe under the battery like a SIM card and have an external SDIO slot for peripherals. You could keep the size down and support memeory expansion and gizmos. A second option would be a real host USB and the driver support to be able to attach USB peripherals when needed.

GODspeaking
12-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Im getting my 2210 very soon and plan on using the sd slot for memory, because all other addons are mostly for CF and are generally cheaper as far as i know.
Although I'm planning on using around 256 mb only, if i wanted greater storage i would definitely use CF microdirve.
An sd slot under the battery sounds really good. Im thinking 4150 with CF slot outside and sd inside 8O

PetiteFlower
12-10-2003, 08:15 PM
Ok I have an Axim but the question is still valid for me :) I got my memory card in SD form because CF was the only option for wifi at the time so I wanted to leave it open for that. I never got the wifi card though and now I'm looking at getting a 4150, so it's cool cause I'll still be able to use my memory card.

MikeStanley
12-10-2003, 10:51 PM
I have had the 2210 for about 2 months and love it.

I started off using the CF for memory as I had one from my old 3130. (128m)

I soon found that CF add-ons were cheaper so spent up on a 256SD card for memory and now use the CF for wi-fi card, sm adapter (for pictures) and CF memory when I need more for some reason.

Will continue to get CF add-ons rather than SD.

Around work though the CF is empty and so I put the plastic cover into it.

8O