View Full Version : MSN Messenger DOA Right Now?

Jason Dunn
12-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Did someone unplug the MSN Messenger servers? I can't send or receive messages, neither can my wife (who's on a different computer), and we called a friend who can't send/receive messages either. We've all tried logging out/back in, but it didn't help. Anyone else having similar problems? I feel so...disconnected. :worried:<br /><br /><b>UPDATE:</b> Ok, so it now appears to be working again...go about your business. ;-)

entropy1980
12-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Mine still seem to be down.... :?:
Cancel... that it's working now.... strange!

doc
12-08-2003, 10:33 PM
There was an update last night from 6.0 to 6.1 that may be affecting this. I'm able to chat at this time.

rzanology
12-08-2003, 10:34 PM
i did get a message sunday night saying they will be down for 5 minutes for maintenence....hmmmm

doc
12-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Same here, and when I logged back in it said there was a newer version available for me, 6.1.

delfuhd
12-08-2003, 10:54 PM
hmm mine is working fine.. I'm using Version 4.7..

icatar
12-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Mine is working too.

Jason Dunn
12-08-2003, 11:14 PM
i did get a message sunday night saying they will be down for 5 minutes for maintenence....hmmmm

That's normal - for it to just stop working today, but still showing everyone as being online, is not. :?

ctmagnus
12-08-2003, 11:38 PM
I stepped out for short while today, but the entire time I've been at the computer, MSNM hasn't hiccupped once.

Jason Dunn
12-08-2003, 11:44 PM
I stepped out for short while today, but the entire time I've been at the computer, MSNM hasn't hiccupped once.

There was no message though, and everyone showed up as being online - it was only when I tried to send a message that I got the "Could not send message to recipient."

I'm NOT crazy! I'm NOT...!! :worried: :lol:

MaximumPDA
12-08-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm NOT crazy! I'm NOT...!! :worried: :lol:

"Um, Thorazine, table twelve..."

:)

I always have trouble, but its mostly a VPN issue.

Bill

OSUKid7
12-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Mine's been fine all afternoon (since I've been home...about 3 PM ET).

rudolph
12-09-2003, 12:21 AM
I use miranda and I still can't get on :'-( ... tried 4.7 and doesn't work either

jdhill
12-09-2003, 12:51 AM
MSN Messenger 6.1 is FUBARed. :( It loops endlessly logging in then out then in then out. I uninstalled it and went back to 6.0. I would recommend that you do NOT upgrade to 6.1 until Microsoft has fixed the problem.

OSUKid7
12-09-2003, 12:58 AM
MSN Messenger 6.1 is FUBARed. :( It loops endlessly logging in the out then in then out. I uninstalled it and went back to 6.0. I'd would recommend that you do NOT upgrade to 6.1 until Microsoft has fixed the problem.

And how many computers have you tried this on? How long has this happened? I've been using 6.1 for awhile and have never had that problem. Actually, I remember having that problem on 6.0. So it prolly has nothing to do with the version.

gorkon280
12-09-2003, 01:00 AM
It's always worked.....they are STILL having issues.

M4X P0W3R
12-09-2003, 01:48 AM
Hey guys...

Normally I don't respond to things because even though I've had my PPC for a long while, it so happens I'm a douchebag/too lazy when it comes to solving or discussing leading edge issues.

However, in this case, it happens that I work for MSN :)

There will be outages all this week as the database on MSN's Messenger servers are updated on a rolling basis from their previous format to ABCH. This is to prepare for upcoming software upgrades for the MSN Internet Software. Messenger Beta users and some MS insiders will be the first affected (my Messenger went fubar saturday night, are fine now). It should seem as though you've been booted off the system for a few minutes.

Just thought you might like to know

jdhill
12-09-2003, 03:05 AM
MSN Messenger 6.1 is FUBARed. :( It loops endlessly logging in the out then in then out. I uninstalled it and went back to 6.0. I'd would recommend that you do NOT upgrade to 6.1 until Microsoft has fixed the problem.

And how many computers have you tried this on? How long has this happened? I've been using 6.1 for awhile and have never had that problem. Actually, I remember having that problem on 6.0. So it prolly has nothing to do with the version.

Three (two of my own, one belongs to a friend of mine). Been going on since this weekend. In all cases, going back to 6.0 stops the endless loop.

tanalasta
12-09-2003, 04:20 AM
Sometimes MSN messenger goes on "routine maintainence" and they shutdown their servers for a short period of time. Don't know bout you folks, but I use MSN on my desktop and if i'm online just before this occurs, they send a popup message letting me know it'd be down in 10 minutes.

Got the upgrade popup message and upgraded to the latest version without a hitch. Both the desktop version and my older pocketpc msn have been working just fine the last two days. :) I'm using it now! is it working for you folks atm?

qmrq
12-09-2003, 06:31 PM
meh, http://www.jabber.org/ 8)