View Full Version : german h2210 to english language?

kpa
12-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi,

i have bought h2210 (unfornatelly with german soft). Is there any way to change it to english???? I would also like to have english "companion cd".

Thanks to all reply,

kpa

JvanEkris
12-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Changing the language is a violation of the End user License Agreement. It is not allowed by microsoft since you do not have a license for an English OS...

Jaap

kpa
12-08-2003, 08:32 PM
:-O That means, there is no chance to change language???

If i will buy ENGLISH version of OS (i think, i dont need, because i have german one, and i will use ofcourse only one, but newer mind)????

JvanEkris
12-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Normally, you can't buy the OS as such.

Jaap

Chris Spera
12-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Normally, you can't buy the OS as such.

Jaap

This is correct.

You CANNOT legally change the ROM language of the device. Since you bought German, you only have a license for the German version. Any ROM Flashing tool will seek out the language version you are running and insure that you are trying to flash the same lang. version as the device you have.

If the languages are dissimilar, the Flash Utility will quit and NOT update the target device.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

skyfox01_99
12-18-2003, 11:39 PM
It is possible to reflash the ROM with a different language, however as stated before it would be illegal without a license for the new language. If you want more information on ROM flashing and customization (limited to changing boot logos at the moment im afraid :( ) go here http://discuss.pocketnow.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14619&perpage=12&pagenumber=1