View Full Version : Financial PPC software

danielrugby
12-06-2003, 09:24 AM
Hello

Thanks everyone for reply my topic, I chose to go Pocket Informant since most of you recommended. I am just hoping to get the 50% code promotion so I could save money.

Now, on to official business of my topic-I want to buy a good financial PPC software that keeps track of spending and among many financial things. I am not so much software expert, therefore I prefer something that is easy to use and functional. Can anyone recommend a good financial software and easy to use. Is that too much to ask???

Thanks a bunch
Daniel

MBaas
12-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Hi Daniel,

I think there currently is a promo where you get Mastersoft Money (http://www.mastersoftmobilesolutions.com) for free as a registred PI-User. Check out the PI-Site, there's a Promo-link somewhere, I think...

The app is really useful, nice UI, good functionality. The only problems I have with it are speed (on <WinMob2003), the fact that it does not support multiple datasets (you can have multiple accounts, but for example when you want separate views of private and business accnts+budgets, thats not possible), does not support split transactions or periodic transactions (like monthly rent) - but if you don't really need this, it's well worth a look :D

Cheers

Michael

tanalasta
12-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Yes there is a promotion going on but unfortunately, it isn't on the promo site anymore. I had to email Alex (the developer)/support and he was kind enough to provide me with the handango discount code to get mastersoft money for free!!! I haven't installed money yet though coz it takes a hefty 5MB of my RAM i don't have.

As for the PI discount code, there is still an active thread at the brighthand forums. PM one of the guys there and they'll be happy to share their discount code. Alternatively i suppose you can PM me too, but i've got a few friends in mind that i would probably share my code with first... :)

But you definitely won't be disappointed with PI! :) unless it doesn't work for you... but i take it you've already tried the trial. Sorry can't help much with the money topic. There are many other threads discussing this though so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding info!

Oh, and i like MBaas's signature ;)

arbitrajeu
12-06-2003, 12:37 PM
You could use Mastersoft Money, but there's a pretty good reason they're giving it away for free - it's not actually all that good. I have a registered copy, but uninstalled it after a few days of use.

I can, however, heartily recommend Spb Finance, as a standalone application for your Pocket PC. You can read about it here:

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pro...ance/index.html

It can be bought from PocketGear or Handango for just $19.95, which is a great price for a full-featured finance package, and the quality is much better than Mastersoft's product.

Spb also have a version called Spb Finance Quicken Edition under development, which takes all the hassle out of synchronising between your PPC and Quicken on your PC.

sublime
12-09-2003, 02:32 AM
and what, pray tell, is the matter with Mastersoft Money? The program, in my opinion, is absolutely great, and easy to use.

So :evil: :bad-words:

tanalasta
12-09-2003, 04:28 AM
Well i installed mastersoft money then just as quickly uninstalled it. It has too big a footprint of 5MB (poor me with only 32MB total RAM... and an e310 just can't fit both PI and MM). And its a bit slow to load up... plus it relies on microsoft .net framework.

May try cash organizer but microsoft money for pocketpc works for me. All i need to do is keep an eye on my VISA card and make sure there's enough money to pay it off ;)

sublime
12-09-2003, 05:52 AM
So you're only complaining about its size and load up speed?

tanalasta
12-10-2003, 07:16 AM
So you're only complaining about its size and load up speed?

Yes, got it in one. Size would not be a matter if i could install this program onto a storage card. But i can't :P It doesn't work that way... So the reason i'm complaining is that i can't install this program period because i don't have no spare space!

Thinkingmandavid
12-10-2003, 07:51 AM
I as well received mastersoft money for free. itis ok but nothing great. i use it because it is free, but it is not what i hoped it would be. i am wondering if some of the others do it better. I have quicken on my laptop and thinking about using the trial for that.
i agree that it takes to long to load up, and it does use a bit of space but not excessive.

andrei
12-11-2003, 12:48 PM
You could use Mastersoft Money, but there's a pretty good reason they're giving it away for free - it's not actually all that good. I have a registered copy, but uninstalled it after a few days of use.

True. Mastersoft Money looks like a good solution until you start using it.

IntegraPrelude98
12-11-2003, 01:20 PM
I have not used mastersoft money, but I would definetly recommend NOT using microsfot money on your ppc. I have installed it and it worked fine for a while, until it decided I had too many entries. Now my balance is constantly off. I know at least one other person on this site has had this problem with it too.

piperpilot
12-11-2003, 02:00 PM
I use Pocket Quicken and have no complaints. I generally use it just to keep track of my checking account, so I have no idea about tracking finances generally, but like I said, I have no complaints insofar as the checkbook functions go.

jmkeuning
12-12-2003, 06:17 AM
I'd really like for some people here to figure out which is better, Landware Pocket Quicken or Spb Quick. I don't care which I use but I've been trying both. I currently cannot get Spd to sync and am waiting to hear from tech support. I get the desktop info onto the PPC but cannot get the PPC stuff to the desktop. I've used Pocket Quicken and it worked fine.

My feeling is that both companies have a similiar product by virtue of the fact that Desktop Quicken limits the ability to integrate/sync.

However - all this being said, I fully plan on continuing to figure out which is better: Spb or Pocket Quicken (I do not care about cost if one is better). I would LOVE if some of you could help me decide! Of course, I will post anything I learn.

DEsktop: Windows Pro XP, Quicken 2004 Perm home and business
iPAQ: 3835

Ripper014
12-12-2003, 08:33 AM
If you have not looked at Cash Organizer... that is the application I suggest you look at.

jmkeuning
12-13-2003, 07:57 AM
I think Landmark is the way to go.

1. Cash Organizer is out, no sync w/ Quicken (MS Money only)
2. Mastersoft - out, no sync
3. Landmark is the official Quicken developer, they must have a long term arrangement to make it worth everyone's money.
4. They actually answer their emails.
5. They are in the USA.
6. Spb is in Russia.
7. Spb has taken two days to still not tell me why I can only sync one way
8. On the surface, the two programs are the same except for a small price difference.
9. I challenge someone -

Give me one good reason why Spb is better. ONE REASON. And don't say price. It doesn't count, besides Landmark is having a sale now!

Mike