View Full Version : Battery Life

DRaysGoRocco
12-05-2003, 10:13 PM
I plan on buying an Axim X3 (300MHz) in the next couple of weeks. I'm just curious about the battery life. I've read many things related to the Axim's battery life, but they all seem to be about the X3i and the X3 (400Mhz).

How many hours will I get on the 300 MHz with the standard battery? I plan on using it mainly for Pocket Excel, Pocket Word, some music (not too much) and maybe some games.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

PetiteFlower
12-06-2003, 12:55 AM
It will probably be almost the same as what the 400mh version gets.

DRaysGoRocco
12-08-2003, 01:43 PM
ok, thanks for the reply.

Also, How long does it take to recharge the battery when its down to 20%?

How long does it take for the original charge when first taken out of the box?

Thanks for the help.

Dan

PetiteFlower
12-08-2003, 02:51 PM
My X5 arrived fully charged, so I can't speak to that.

Letting the battery get down to 20% is NOT recommended, that can shorten the life of your battery. 40% is as low as you should go, and if that can be avoided you should. Keep it charged up as much as you can.

Even when mine has gotten very low it doesn't take more then an hour or so to charge, and the X5 has a bigger battery then the X3.

maximus
12-09-2003, 02:19 AM
Also, How long does it take to recharge the battery when its down to 20%?

That I dont know. I always charge my axim before I went to bed, and pick it up in the morning. I guess it is around 2 hours on the standard 1400 maH battery.

How long does it take for the original charge when first taken out of the box?

The manual mentioned that the original charging should be at least 4 hours.

David Prahl
12-11-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm working on a thorough review of the X3i right now. Of course I'll be including a "battery" of battery tests. :D