View Full Version : Motorist gets vehicle registered online during traffic stop

trachy
12-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Motorist gets vehicle registered online during traffic stop (http://cbsnewyork.com/njnews/NJ--NJO--OnlineRegist-jn/resources_news_html)

When I started reading this article I thought, "how cool?" But by the time I got to the end, all I could think about was how much cooler it would have been if the guy had had a connected PPC or SmartPhone and done the legwork himself. Read on...

"In less time than it took a North Brunswick patrolman to write a ticket for an unregistered vehicle, the driver got his car registered online Thursday.

When officer Jason Zier pulled over a 1992 Mazda 626 on Thursday afternoon, the vehicle's registration had expired. By the time he'd finished writing up Sean Leach for the infraction, the car was legal again.

That's because the 36-year-old Jersey City man had a cell phone, a friend with a computer who he could reach and the foresight to use the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission's online registration service."

dean_shan
12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Nice. I wonder how the cop felt after that?

JustinGTP
12-05-2003, 11:30 PM
Probably thought he was too slow and outdated... :lol:

Jeff Rutledge
12-05-2003, 11:39 PM
That's a very cool story.8)

I love it when technology gives a little edge. It's like when you used to be able to get concert tickets earlier online. They caught on to that one pretty quickly though. :(

PetiteFlower
12-06-2003, 12:30 AM
But did he still have to pay the ticket? Since he was illegal when he was stopped?

Ok read the article, he did :)