View Full Version : 5550 Wireless Problem - any ideas?

carrigaline
12-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Hi,

WIFI on my 5550 suddenly stopped working the other day (two days after I did the ROM update).

When I go to IPAQ Wireless to turn on wifi, the icon I tap on turns green as per normal, but the hardware LED for wifi does not come on - and wifi doesn't actually begin. If I turn off wifi and close the IPAQ Wireless program and open it again the icon is green again i.e. it seems like it has turned itself on again even though I had turned it off.

I have done many a soft reset and nothing makes a difference. I uninstalled the one program I put on - a Seattle traffic program - no change. I have done Self Test and sometimes the wifi hardware LED comes on and sometimes not.

Has anyone else experienced this/has anyone a solution other than doing a hard reset? (I rang HP and the guy could not even tell me what the LEDs were for - so not too enthusiastic about that advice - "hard reset").

Thanks for your help.

ChristopherTD
12-05-2003, 10:16 AM
This can often be solved by popping the battery out, pressing the reset button, and then re-inserting the battery.

Look through the forums for other threads about this if that doesn't work, it is a common situation.

Good luck!

carrigaline
12-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Tried this out and it solved the problem!

Thanks a lot for your help. HP should really have answers to these kind of problems other than the "hard reset" cop-out. Well done and thanks for saving me so much hassle.

Seeing that you are in London - if you are a Chelsea fan, hope our lad Damien is doing well for you! Miss soccer living over here!

Cheers ChristopherTD and a happy Christmas to you and yours!

ctmagnus
12-07-2003, 03:24 AM
Or, to save a step, you can simply pull the battery and reinsert it. Always works for me!

carrigaline
12-07-2003, 05:19 AM
CTMagnus - thanks! Happy Christmas to you too!