View Full Version : T-Mobile On Track To Provide Windows Mobile 2003 Upgrade

Ed Hansberry
12-04-2003, 04:00 PM
<a href="http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=1662">http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=1662</a><br /><br />"Well, that's a real back and forth. First I've told you that T-Mobile US is going to release a Windows Mobile 2003 upgrade for their Phone Edition, then the upgrade page was gone offline from T-Mobiles Internet site and later we've heard that T-Mobile has decided to cancel it. However, finally we got an official word from T-Mobile US and this time it's not from customer care or a sales representatives but from Chris Archey, Product Manager Pocket PC Phone Edition and who should know it better then him. He asked me to republish his comment on the frontpage again to make sure everybody is really aware of it which I'll happily do here: "<br />T-Mobile was the first carrier to deliver the Microsoft Pocket PC Phone Edition and is committed to the support of this product. We will be providing the 2003 upgrade to our customers. <br /><br />The standard Pocket PC 2003 version, used by many Pocket PC PDA's, doesn't include the needed software and hardware to operate as a phone. The additional time need for integration and testing ensures the highest level of customer satisfaction. <br /><br />Chris Archey <br />Product Manager Pocket PC Phone Edition <br />T-Mobile

TheZodiac
12-04-2003, 04:27 PM
What exactly is "back and force"

On the side.......
Instead of offering the MDAII, they will uupgrade the hardware challenged orginal PPC. Delightful.

Steven Cedrone
12-04-2003, 04:35 PM
What exactly is "back and force"

Fixed...

...will uupgrade the hardware

What exactly is an "uupgrade"... :wink:

Steve

arebelspy
12-04-2003, 06:59 PM
:lol:

Props to T-Mobile for offering a response instead of being silent (and on major sites like this one and PPCW).

What they SHOULD do is take the link that is now dead that WAS to the upgrade: http://www.t-mobile.com/promos/ppc2003/default.asp

and put it back up and update with this new information. Pulling down links to give people the impression of no upgrade = bad.

-arebelspy

donbacardi
12-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Living in Germany and this being the HOME of T-Mobile, I did get an answer from them on when they were planning to release this upgrade. I kept "pestering them" :twisted: with emails wiht my inquiry. I did get the following answer:

Thank you for your email on T-Mobile Deutschland reference your MDA 1.
We expect to offer our Customers the Release for Pocket PC 2003 in December. We will anounce the upgrade e.g. in Internet by www.t-mobile.de, when it's available.

Regards

Your TechnicalServiceCenter from T-Mobile Deutschland GmbH

Hopefully, my co-patriots back home in the USA will get the same from T-Mobile USA as long as they're in sync in the release of this upgrade.

:beer:

quidproquo
12-04-2003, 09:55 PM
I am not holding my breath......

Hopefully, it will be soon.... but seems like the roller coaster ride continues! :2gunfire: We shall see!

Cortex
12-04-2003, 11:01 PM
there was no back and forth...

ppcw.net posted some misinformation based on an email another user had received even though the email didn't make a lot of sense and beta-testers were still working on the upgrade and posting their progress at xda-developers.

this has already been discussed > HERE (http://pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14807&amp;postdays=0&amp;postorder=asc&amp;start=20)&lt;

brices21
12-05-2003, 01:16 AM
good come-back Steve...

All I have to say is WOOHOOOO... I can't wait.

Having had many a provider here in the US, I love T-Mobile. They are so much better, in so many different ways than the others.

BTW: CDMA would be a great protocol if you were to take the Sprint factor out of the equation.

ctmagnus
12-05-2003, 06:11 AM
...will uupgrade the hardware

What exactly is an "uupgrade"... :wink:

Steve

They send u everything required for the upgrade and u do it urself, of course! :mrgreen: