View Full Version : Reminder management

terrypin
12-04-2003, 09:30 AM
I have a fairly large task database and tend to assign most tasks a reminder date and time. Mostly my PPC is in its cradle, so I frequently get reminders on both PPC and PC. These are separated by anything from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. So I sometimes find myself *guessing* what action I took a minute or so earlier. Did I use Snooze? For how long? Or Dismiss? And always wondering whether it matters if I get it wrong...

One of these days maybe I'll study the consequences methodically. But meanwhile, what do others do to manage PC v PPC reminders please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

PowerZ
12-06-2003, 06:56 PM
I have just about the same problem and no solution. Waayy toooo much clicking to snooze multiple reminders on the PocketPC. Is there a solution out there??

terrypin
12-06-2003, 07:04 PM
I posted same query to Brighthand forum, and had suggestion to change this in PC Outlook: tools>options>other tab>advanced options>reminder options uncheck "display the reminder".

I've duly changed it here. Although I haven't thought through all the
implications. For example, suppose I suddenly remember a task I have
to do later today. I key it into Outlook on my PC at one of the
relatively rare times my PPC is not cradled. Until I do cradle it, I'm
not going to get reminded.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

PowerZ
12-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Saw your post. Issue is the number of individual reminders on PPC. On PC you can select multiple reminders to snooze and on PPC it must be 1 at a time. Very tedious!!