View Full Version : 1945 randomly (well, regularily actually) hard resets itself

eat5hams
12-03-2003, 10:17 PM
I recently bought a hp1945, and really like it. however, it seems like at least once every two weeks i will unplug it from its sync cable in the morning after leaving it plugged in all night, and when i turn it on it reboots to the setup screen after hard resetting. I back it up regularily after the first time, but it is very anoying, and i don't think it should do this. it has done it 3 times since i bought it about two months ago.. any thoughts would be appreciated...

Pat Logsdon
12-03-2003, 10:20 PM
I'd give HP a call and get it replaced. You don't want to mess with spontaneous hard resets, nor should you have to put up with them.

Beauty tagline, by the way. :mrgreen:

eat5hams
12-04-2003, 05:09 PM
yeah, I think I will have to do that for sure. Last night it died for real and nothiong will revive it. thanks for the input

iPaq Fan
12-04-2003, 09:58 PM
I have been 'putting up' with the same problem for about 5 months now, with the IPAQ just having returned from its 3rd repair.(each time failed to solve the pb) Scribbled on the service report is: New motherboard, and New Battery. That was their assessment (HP in UK) of what was needed to fix the problem. If it is new and within its return period, I would definately do this. Hope this helps