View Full Version : The Toshiba e740 doesn't have sdio???

Candygogo
12-03-2003, 09:05 PM
I was in for a rude awakening when I received the Veo Pocket Traveler 1.3mp camera card. I first installed the software on my Audiovox Maestro, but when the camera didn't register, I figured that the sd slot on the AM wasn't sdio. So, after installing the software on my Toshiba, the Veo didn't register! :cry: I tried calling Veo (oh, excuse me, Xirlink) but had to leave a message. If I don't hear from them today, I guess it's off to the post office to send it back. @#$^&!!# :evil:

neomotion
12-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Couldn't it just be that your camera is busted? I have an e740 and i think it is SDIO.

Candygogo
12-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Couldn't it just be that your camera is busted? I have an e740 and i think it is SDIO.

We'll see, I'm still waiting to hear from Veo.

Janak Parekh
12-03-2003, 11:00 PM
neomotion, you're sure you're using the SD and not CF slot?

I think the e740 is SDIO, but not the bSquare standard SDIO, if I remember correctly. In other words, most SDIO devices wouldn't be compatible. :|

--janak

Candygogo
12-04-2003, 01:02 AM
I think the e740 is SDIO, but not the bSquare standard SDIO, if I remember correctly. In other words, most SDIO devices wouldn't be compatible. :|

--janak[/quote]

To make things worse, I couldn't find any drivers on Veo's webpage. The only drivers are for the earlier Traveler cameras. :(

Oh well...[/quote]

Thinkingmandavid
12-04-2003, 09:00 AM
That is one of the things I dont like about my Toshiba e355, no sdio :evil: I was going to use a wifi sd card but fat chance.
For certain I am not going to buy another Toshiba, I will switch to a Fujitsu if I have the $ or an hp.