View Full Version : outlook address book

bckane
12-03-2003, 03:31 PM
How can I impot my address book from outlook express win xp to my IPAQ 3955.??

trachy
12-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Well, as far as I know you can only perform an ActiveSync with Outlook, and not Outlook Express. That said, if you have Outlook, use the import feature (File>Import and Export...) to move your addresses into it. Select 'Import Internet Mail and Addresses', select Outlook Express from the menu, and then follow the rest of the prompts. Once you're done with that you should be able to configure ActiveSync to synchronize the information type 'Contacts'.

bckane
12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, as far as I know you can only perform an ActiveSync with Outlook, and not Outlook Express. That said, if you have Outlook, use the import feature (File>Import and Export...) to move your addresses into it. Select 'Import Internet Mail and Addresses', select Outlook Express from the menu, and then follow the rest of the prompts. Once you're done with that you should be able to configure ActiveSync to synchronize the information type 'Contacts'.

Yes I have outlook express 6 with win xp and windows ce 3.0 with my 3955........I cant see where to import it.?

dMores
12-03-2003, 05:45 PM
to sync a ppc with your computer, you need to have outlook, not outlook express.

the import procedure trachy described is if you get outlook, and you want to import your express data. after you get your outlook express data into outlook, you can sync outlook with your pda.

outlook is far superior to outlook express. calendar functions, tasks, etc.
it's definately worth it's money.
(it's part of the microsoft office package). so if you have word and excel, you also have outlook.

bckane
12-03-2003, 06:20 PM
to sync a ppc with your computer, you need to have outlook, not outlook express.

the import procedure trachy described is if you get outlook, and you want to import your express data. after you get your outlook express data into outlook, you can sync outlook with your pda.

outlook is far superior to outlook express. calendar functions, tasks, etc.
it's definately worth it's money.
(it's part of the microsoft office package). so if you have word and excel, you also have outlook.
Thanks I will try that I have outlook on my laptop

eacmacro
12-10-2003, 10:26 PM
I had a similar problem wherein I couldn't get my address book from Netscape 7.1 into Outlook. I found that Outlook Express was the "liason" for Netscape and Outlook. I first was able to Import my addresses into Express and then Import from Express into Outlook. I thought I was going to have to re-enter all my contacts but this saved me literally HOURS of "stylus input" (and fatigue).

joelevi
12-11-2003, 08:56 PM
How can I impot my address book from outlook express win xp to my IPAQ 3955.??

When I installed Oulook 2003 (which I HIGHLY recommend) I was asked if I wanted to import my Outlook Express messages and address book. Which it did. Everything worked smoothly.

Have others had different experiences?

seeker
12-12-2003, 08:32 PM
When you purchased your PocketPC, regardless of the device and vintage, you received a version of Outlook that can be installed on your desktop.

If you have a later version of Outlook from a more recent purchase of a desktop, obviously it will work very well.

Outlook express not Schedule+ will sync with our devices.

There has been some discussion about a product from Commontime that will sync Lotus notes but that is another discussion thread...

Best wishes.
:D