View Full Version : e805 Impressions

Palmguy
12-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Well my brand new e805 just got here and I must say that I am pretty impressed. Got the absolute essential software loaded up, ResFix/VBRT, some of those great VGA themes that were posted not long ago on BH, PocketNav, and my documents and spreadsheets. VGA is very cool!

I've been a Dashboard user for the last three years, but it does not appear to work on the e800.

As soon as I can get some sort of program launcher and hopefully increase the size of the text on there I'll be very happy.

I don't see any dead pixels yet, but I'm not going to search very hard for them either. I'll be happier if I don't even know that they are there.

The cradle is very cool IMO.

I am also glad to have a non-silver PDA for once as well.

The stylus is not bad IMO either, I'm coming from a 4150 and a NX80V, both with very toothpick-like styli.

IE is absolutely fantastic at this resolution, an absolute night and day difference from QVGA.

I'm going back to playing now!

pivaska
12-03-2003, 12:49 AM
I also just got my E800 and am very satisfied with it. I still am not sure if I really want to put the resfix on it yet because of the font problem. When you installed it did you have any problems? Did you have to hard reset it before you installed it? Has anyone else had any prolems with resfix?

Palmguy
12-03-2003, 05:14 AM
I just installed it right out of the box, first thing, so it was the equivalent of a hard reset. I would recommend you at least try resfix out, it's well worth it IMO. Make sure you download VB runtime, check out the readme file for resfix. Also check Brighthand, a french guy has put together 17 VGA themes that are very cool. I have not had any problems with resfix thus far, it's critical for internet viewing and other display of information.

yvilla
12-03-2003, 05:15 AM
No hard reset necessary (And I had installed some other apps first). Also, there's another res switcher posted on Brighthand too. So you have a choice. :)

I don't keep my e800 in VGA all the time, but you really want to download and install one of the res switchers so you can take full advantage of your new PPC. Ebook reading, internet access, Textmaker, etc, believe me, once you experience those things in VGA you'll never look back! :mrgreen:

Palmguy
12-03-2003, 02:44 PM
I have been staying in VGA thus far...my most commonly used app is Internet Explorer though. I started reading an eBook last night (Along Came a Spider) and the beautiful screen combined with Toshiba's built-in jog dial made it a pleasurable experience!