View Full Version : Sandisk SDIO Wifi Card and Adhoc networks

blurg
12-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Hello,

I am a self confessed gadget fiend and so couldn't resist buying an SDIO Wifi card I saw going cheap on ebay even though I don't have any Wifi gear. I have used the card a couple of times in the public wifi spots around Melbourne and am pretty impressed. :D

This week I decided I would try to get my Ipaq 1940 talking to my home PC. I went out and purchased a Wifi NIC for my PC and armed with a document from Microsoft detailing how you can provide ICS using an AdHoc Wireless network I tried to get them talking to each other to no avail. :(

Does anyone know if it possible to configure the Sandisk SDIO to run in Adhoc mode, of whether it is possible at all? The Sandisk documentation is a little lacking in detail, and their website next to useless. I am using the latest drivers for Windows Mobile 2003 (dated Oct 2003).

Any pointers to documentation or help from the pocketpcthoughts community on the subject would be gratefully received before I have to bite the bullet and buy a router / access point.

Thanks,

Alex.