View Full Version : Why Can't They Get It Right!!!!

rzanology
12-01-2003, 05:47 PM
I've been looking at ppc driven smart phones for a while now, if you ask me I think its they way things are going and they way things should be. A lot of people raise their hands and start talking ignorance about they don't want Microsoft on their phones....but hey! DEAL WITH IT!
But any who...the reason I didn't jump to get MiTacs smart phone was because of 2 major factors. 1. No Bluetooth and 2. the SD slot wasn't SDIO. And while in class this morning I happen to come across this review.. http://reviews.cnet.com/Motorola_MPx200/4505-6452_7-30586620.html?tag=cnetfd.ld.
Don't get me wrong, this looks like a great phone, I really like the form factor and especially the color! But WHHHHHHHYYYYY cant they get it right? BLUETOOTH!!!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!!! BLUETOOTH!!!!!!
Why is every one over looking Bluetooth in the smart phones? I was reading an article on the next generation sendo, which is supposed to have Bluetooth....but it looks more like an ipaq than a phone. If I get a smart"phone" it must be in the form factor of a PHONE!
All im wishing for is a smart phone that actually looks like a phone with Bluetooth integration. Is this too much to ask for? It would also be nice if HP took a stab at it :)

Janak Parekh
12-01-2003, 05:51 PM
They do exist now.

Smartphone 2003 - http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?id=364 - I think this is along the lines of what you're thinking of.
Pocket PC 2003 - http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?id=394

Insert the "why aren't US carriers selling this already" argument here... ;)

--janak

rzanology
12-01-2003, 05:57 PM
NICE WORK!!!! GOOD POINT!!! sooo...z600 or this smartphone...hmmmm

whydidnt
12-01-2003, 07:01 PM
I have to agree with you, rzanology - it seems odd that no US carrier has delivered a MS Smartphone with Bluetooth. ATT Wireless doesn't seem to have the same aversion to it that Sprint and Verizon do, but they still didn't include it in the MPx200.

I picked up the MPx200 last week and love the size and form factor. I also think MS did a great job with the Phone software. For me, this is probably one of the most intuitive phones I have used. If only it had Bluetooth!! I was playing with the web browser yesterday and was very frustrated by the small screen size. Bluetooth would enable me to connect wirelessy to a bigger screen on my handheld for surfing.

I am now debating between my old T610 (non-clamshell Z600) and the MPx. Incredibly, I like the phone and PDA functions of the Moto better than the Sony, but I'm not sure I can live without the wireless capabilities of the 610.

Whydidnt

rzanology
12-01-2003, 07:36 PM
As with a lot of other things in this world...i dont think they right people are making enough noise. As proved in the post above...these things do exsists....SO WHERE ARE THEY!!!! You'd think t-mobile would be the first to bust out with a few of them because of their over seas roots.....but a FOOL i am for wishing for such things!

fmcpherson
12-02-2003, 12:12 AM
How many different phones with Bluetooth are sold by U.S. wireless providers? I don't think its a Smartphone issue as much as an issue where the providers don't want to deal with the support hassles Bluetooth brings.

Janak Parekh
12-02-2003, 12:25 AM
How many different phones with Bluetooth are sold by U.S. wireless providers? I don't think its a Smartphone issue as much as an issue where the providers don't want to deal with the support hassles Bluetooth brings.
The GSM providers -- many.

The CDMA providers -- not one. :( :cry:

--janak