View Full Version : Thoughts on 4155?

jbachandouris
11-30-2003, 01:50 PM
I have heard the battery life isn't that good, but I am more interested in screen issues. How many of you have seen unbearably yellow screens? And I read one poster complain about dust under the screen. What are your thoughts?

Palmguy
11-30-2003, 03:22 PM
In my opinion battery life is very acceptable, even with wifi activated. The screen does have a yellow cast at certain odd viewing angles, you'll want to check that out yourself if you can. I haven't heard of dust in a transflective screen. I've owned five devices with transflective screens (three of them iPAQs), with a sixth on the way right now. And I've never seen dust in any of them.

Wiggin
11-30-2003, 08:42 PM
I've been using the 4150 for a month now, and have no complaints to offer up. The yellow screen issue has not materialized (unless you try to view the screen at ridiculous angles), the battery works fine, and the wireless capabilities are great.

If you need the best new unit available today (sans a built-in keyboard), the 4150 is hard to beat! :mrgreen:

Add an extra battery, a leather case from Vaja and a 512MB sd card and you are at the top of the PPC heap.

:way to go:

Wiggin
11-30-2003, 08:45 PM
...as for battery life, the 4150 battery has been excellent. Bear in mind that I'm comparing it to my previous ppc (iPaq 3850) which I had used for almost two years. I also purchased a spare battery, which has eliminated all battery concerns...period. I don't use the ppc constantly, usually an hour or two at a time. As a result, hard to say what I would get with a constant use test until the battery quits. If I had to guess, I would say 6-8 hours if the wi-fi/bt is turned off... more if I turn the screen brightness down.

All in all, a great unit. :D

11-30-2003, 09:30 PM
i am particularly interested in the battery life. how long do you typically get on a charge. does anyone have the 1800mah extended battery? specifically, does it fit into the unit flush with the back? the picture on hp's web site looks like it fits into the same space as the regular battery. also, the web site shows a 3600 mah battery. does anyone have this? what are your impressions? how much bulk does it add?