View Full Version : fed up w/ expansey's

sasquatchw/ppc
11-30-2003, 11:54 AM
Heres an email that I sent to sales at expanseys this would be the third time I emailed them.

OK I am not very pleased with this at all, something needs to be done, I ordered the Toshiba expansion pack over a month ago. I paid for something that your site told me should be at my house in two days. Now it has been over one month and you guys don't even HAVE the item that I paid you for IN STOCK. I demand that amends be made. I would appreciate it if you would send me some free products considering the incredible inconvenience you have caused me. I needed the expansion pack for taking notes in class now the semester is almost over. something that I could use with my e740 would be advantageous, like a camera, a 512 mb flash card, a foldable keyboard, or the psion infra-red link for ir printing (if it works with an e740). Mahalo nui loa.
- the disgruntled customer that feels really cheated

What do you think of the situation I am in. Am I overeacting or were my reparations requests right on.

MikeStanley
11-30-2003, 02:16 PM
I agree with you.

I ordered 3 items while all were in stock.

Over the next 10 days the 3 things varied being in & out of stock, eventually all three came became in stock together and they were sent.

I phoned them and they replied that they do not reserve items for orders.

I think it's a bad policy - and I am sure it annoys quite a few customers.

After saying that the goods came in 10 days, good condition and good price. But then there are plenty of companies out there that will just give a little more care with their customers.

PetiteFlower
11-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Asking for free stuff like that I don't think is going to get you very far. First you should insist that they straighten out your order, THEN you might ask for something specific and related like free shipping or a discount off the price of your order. Just saying "I'm pissed off, send me something free" sounds really immature and is likely to get laughed at by the person reading your email(trust me, I've been that person!)

I'm also relatively sure that you have NOT paid for it yet, general policy for internet stores is that they do not charge your card until the item ships.

pschultz
11-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Asking for free stuff like that I don't think is going to get you very far. First you should insist that they straighten out your order, THEN you might ask for something specific and related like free shipping or a discount off the price of your order. Just saying "I'm pissed off, send me something free" sounds really immature and is likely to get laughed at by the person reading your email(trust me, I've been that person!)

Especially when you are asking for something specific to be free.

Roosterman
11-30-2003, 09:52 PM
Sorry but I would have to agree with PF. My first thougt is why did you wait more than a month before e-mailing them. If I was the company, I would be thinking how much of an inconvenience is it if the customer doesn't say anything for over a month. The "free products" demanded seem a bit much. Free shipping or something along that line would be more in order for their failure to live up to thier word.

I do appreciate the fact that you posted this though so others know not to do business with a company like this.

sasquatchw/ppc
12-01-2003, 08:55 PM
This would happen to be the third email I have sent them I sent them one a week after I ordered then another one two weeks down the road and now this one after a month. and about the free stuff if I get that stuff that will be fine with me but all I really care about is getting my expansion pack. So if in the end i get my pack and no free stuff its not like I have a relationship w/ this company or anything to worry about so it doesn't really matter to me. And hey if they decide to send me something more power to them :mrgreen: .

mr_Ray
12-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Well IMO you are overreacting and demanding far too much.

However I will agree that expansys give really really terrible service - I only use them as a last resort

Not too long ago I had an order placed with them that had ~6 items, and all were displayed as in stock.
1 Two days later - still all in stock.
2 Next day - one item out of stock
3 When the stock for that came in, something else went out of stock
4 repeat steps 2-3 about 5 or 6 times in total over several weeks.
5 Cancel complete order and place a couple of seperate orders wit them, and buy some of it elsewhere.
6 Make mental note to self to never buy more than one item at a time from them ever again.

Each item was in stock at least a couple of times. It's pretty basic customer service to mark ordered stock as reserved until the order goes out. It totally destroys the basic premise of first come first serve.
More worrying for them as a business, it leads people to place smaller orders - i.e. buy less from them.

Unfortunately they don't have much competition in the UK that I know of for dedicated PPC stuff.