View Full Version : Charging Problem

dh
11-30-2003, 03:22 AM
My Axim X5 has been working so well that I've not been tempted to upgrade to any of the newer models.

However, a problem has appeared and I wonder if anyone else has seen it.

I usually charge my Axim in it's cradle when in my home office, and take just the AC adaptor and lead with me when I travel. This arrangement has worked fine for months.

Now though, charging from the cradle is perfect, but when I plug the lead directly into the connector on the bottom of the Axim, nothing - zero - nought. Totally dead. I know the adaptor is working because it's happy when I plug it back into the cradle.

I've tried soft and hard resetting without success so I'm inclined to believe it's a hardware problem. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? I'll probably have to talk with Dell Support and have them send me another one. I'd rather keep this one though, it's in 100% perfect shape and fine tuned just how I want it.

I'd appreciate any ideas to avoid having to send it back.

Cheers!

dh
11-30-2003, 04:48 PM
No problem, thanks to the rather far away support guys working on Sunday (nice one Dell) a replacement is on it's way.

I must say, I've had good luck with the Dell Axim support. These guys are always really polite and after going through all the steps on their script (which of course I'd already done ten times) the result is that the replacement will arrive in two days.

Cheers Dell :D