View Full Version : Wireless Profile Switcher?

Vincent M Ferrari
11-30-2003, 12:16 AM
At home, and at my parents house, the DHCP in my WiFi router assigns an IP and transmits the proper gateway to my Axim with no problems.

My office is configured differently. We don't send out the gateway because depending on how you connect your gateway changes and half the office is on a high-speed DSL, the other on a full T.

The question is, since PPC 2002 has the gateway as part of the Network Card's properties, is there a program that will let me create profiles for home and work so I don't have to drill down into the properties for my WiFi CF card and change the gateway when I get to work?

Or is this a hiccup that was fixed in WM 2003 and I should just bite the bullet and do the upgrade?

Your input, as always, is much appreciated!

Thanks!

DustyLBottoms
11-30-2003, 05:03 AM
I know the the HP PDAs ship with a proprietary app that lets you switch profiles....can't say that I know what the Axim uses. :?

bgate
11-30-2003, 05:54 AM
As the explanation of some of the installed programs was a bit lacking-is the LEAP program the program you are referencing for the HP folks?

DustyLBottoms
11-30-2003, 07:58 PM
I'm talking about the Wireless profile switcher under the Ipaq WLAN folder. It allowes for LEAP authenication.