View Full Version : Will SD WiFi Card fit in the Proporta Case for the 2210

Martin I Pettinger
11-28-2003, 11:41 PM
-
Hi

I have a iPAQ 2210 with a Proporta Alu Case which also has a holder for a SD card. Question is will a SD WiFi Card fit in this holder for secure transport when not in use.

Martin
-

Janak Parekh
11-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Only if it has space for a card that's about 50% longer than a standard SD card. All the SDIO WiFi cards have an antenna that sticks out considerably.

--janak

Anthony Caruana
11-29-2003, 02:18 AM
-
Hi

I have a iPAQ 2210 with a Proporta Alu Case which also has a holder for a SD card. Question is will a SD WiFi Card fit in this holder for secure transport when not in use.

Martin
-

I've got the same case and I'm pretty sure that an SD Wifi card would not fit. There is a little plastic tab (for want of a better word) that stops an SD momory card for slipping out and i beleive that it would make it hard to fit the sd wifi card in.

Perhaps you can find the wifi card in a shop and try it out.

Schlepp
11-29-2003, 08:08 AM
I've got the Rhino Skin case, which is the same.

I trimmed off the little tab at the top of the slot and trimmed out a small amount of the padding around where the top of the SD WiFi card would be.

The SD WiFi card fits perfectly now, with out touching the screen when closed.

The SD memory card can slide out of the slot a bit easier now. But, the SD memory is only in there when I'm using the SD WiFi card.

Schlepp

popabawa
11-29-2003, 05:14 PM
I'm using the SanDisk WiFi card and the Proporta case.

The card doesn't fit perfectly, but it seems to fit well enough to be secure and not touch the screen :D