View Full Version : Does 4150 use same style cradle as 5450?

eusdawb
11-28-2003, 05:48 PM
I have had a 5450 for a year and it has been nothing but problems since day one. It finally died on me a few nights ago and I'm considering the 4150 as a replacement. Will I be able to reuse any of the cradles/stylus/batteries that I have for the 5450?

Does the 4150 have the same buggy problems as the 5450? The 5450 was my first PPC and it was such a combination of frustration and enjoyment that I'm a little gun shy about purchasing another HP product.

thanks
David

Janak Parekh
11-28-2003, 08:26 PM
I have had a 5450 for a year and it has been nothing but problems since day one. It finally died on me a few nights ago and I'm considering the 4150 as a replacement. Will I be able to reuse any of the cradles/stylus/batteries that I have for the 5450?
No. While the 4150 has the same sync connector as the 5450, it's shaped differently, so the cradle, battery, and stylus are all different. Sync cables should work.

I don't own one, so I can't really comment on the stability issues. I haven't heard too many complaints, but that's not really an answer. ;)

--janak

babsknupp
11-29-2003, 01:57 AM
At least speaking from my own experience, as far as I can tell, the 4155 definitely does not have any of the bugginess issues that the 5450 had.
Used to have the 5450, and it was one miserable time. It ended up dead as a doornail, and even after being recharged, etc, it just never worked.
Had constant problems with wireless connections, etc. Finally returned it in a TAP and got another PDA. (this was several months ago)
I've had the 4155 about a week now, and it is quite stable. I'm having little if no problem at all. own several other PDA's and have been partial to the Palm platform, but the 4155 has really changed my views and I'm quite pleased with it. It really does work well, and I'm not one who has viewed PPC as very stable-the 4155 has swayed me alot. However, I do like having both platforms, but I have to say, I really, really like the 4155. I would recommend it to anyone.

eusdawb
11-29-2003, 04:19 PM
thanks for the replies - I appreciate the information. The reviews I've found are all very positive so I think I'm going to give it a try.

David

11-30-2003, 09:40 PM
I would have to say that all of my hpproducts have been great. i never had any problems with my 5450,so i upgraded to the 5555 when it came out. i have had nothing but good expieriences with hp. the few problems i have had have been resolved quickly to my satisfaction. there customer service is one of the best in the business, so you can't go wrong there. I just orderedmy 4150 from hp this morning, and am looking forward to reducing the weight ofmy 5555. don't let one bad expierience taint your view of hp. my .02$