View Full Version : Serious AS Issue- Name changed to WinCE!!

Birdman
11-28-2003, 03:46 PM
I have been using a PPC for years, and the "name" of the file where all my documents were filed was \documents and settings\dbegun\personal\Pocket_PC My Documents. When I would cradle the unit and AS would start, the "name" in the AS box was (I think) PocketPC.

Yesterday, I cradled the unit and I noticed that 6 items in "files" could not be sync'd. I then noticed that the "name" in the dialog box is WinCE, no longer PocketPC. Also, when I try to open my ewallet file or my ListPro file, it now asks me if I want to create a new ewallet or listpro file with a new name...and it gives me the name of what I thought was my currently existing file name. Then, to make matters even stranger, I see that somehow the subfolder PocketPCMyDocuments has been changed to WinCE.

I did not install any new programs or do anything different. I soft-reset my XDA and I re-started my computer. I still can't sync those 6 items and it is still calling everything WinCE.

HELP! (Please)

David Prahl
11-28-2003, 05:00 PM
I'd strongly reccommend doing a complete backup (or two) before you do anything.

It might be worth your time to un-install AS and re-install it. What version are you using?

Birdman
11-28-2003, 07:15 PM
I am very regular with my full backups so I have one from yesterday evening.
What I did was I deleted the existing partnership and made a new partnership re-naming it back to the "old" name, i.e. Pocket_PC. I then re-named the folder Pocket_PC My Documents instead of WinCE My Documents and then re-sync'd. It seems to have worked for now, but I have lots of duplication to deal with.
How a folder could actually get re-named on its own is just beyond me. I have seen a lot of stuff with AS, but never something like this.