View Full Version : BT Active Sync

safelder
11-28-2003, 05:40 AM
Can anyone help me ActiveSync my 2210 via Bluetooth through the Logitech hub? I have already paired the devices, and the ActiveSync service is running on my desktop. When I attempt to connect (using the PPC wizard), I get acknowledgement of the connection in the system tray. The ActiveSync icon then spins green for a minute or so, and then I get an error message asking if ActiveSync should stop looking for devices. The Bluetooth Explorer indicates that the devices are connected, however.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

draiken
11-28-2003, 03:32 PM
I don't know about the Logitech, but I have a Belkin dongle, and a BT enabled laptop, and this never happened to me...

Did you first create the partnership connecting via the cradle? or is this your first sync?

I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you MUST do your FIRST sync via cable (USB or Serial) for ActiveStink to sucsessfully create the partnership, then you can switch to any wireless method and should work fine

safelder
11-28-2003, 09:54 PM
I have synced via cradle, and the COM port selected in ActiveSync setup matches that assigned to the ActiveSync BT service.

The exact error I get (after ActiveSync says "connecting" for about 30 seconds) is:

"Microsoft ActiveSync cannot recognize this device for one of two reasons:
The device was not connected properly" (the other option is that the device is not a PPC, but I know that's not it!).

Thanks.

safelder
11-28-2003, 09:59 PM
It may be sheer chance, since I have NO idea what I just did...but it works. Time to wander the house!

koro
11-28-2003, 10:11 PM
So does this mean you can surf the web using pass-through over your BT connection?

safelder
11-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Yes. It's slower than a WiFi connection, but not by much. Besides, I'm running 802.11g in the house, and my PPC WiFi is .11b