View Full Version : Agenda Fusion 5.3 Released

Janak Parekh
11-27-2003, 07:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/update_version530.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.developerone.com/agendaf..._version530.htm</a><br /><br /></div>DeveloperOne has released a fairly major update to Agenda Fusion. New features include pictures in Contact pages, updates to their backup tool, improved week views, better support for hi-res devices (like the Toshiba e800 series), drag-and-drop, and a number of other updates and bug-fixes. It's amazing how fast the Pocket PC PIMs move! :)

petvas
11-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Developer One has released a major upgrade to Agenda Fusion. AF v5.3 is a major improvement and offers great features like Contact Pictures, category coloring, a backup/restore tool that allows to backup the links database also! Great software! The Pocket-pc user has to choose between two great PIMs: Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant..

petvas
11-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Now I can finally use Links! I am excited about PI's response...

griph
11-28-2003, 01:01 AM
It's amazing how fast the Pocket PC PIMs move! :)
I think that is called competition! :-)

dh
11-28-2003, 01:18 AM
It's amazing how fast the Pocket PC PIMs move! :)
I think that is called competition! :-)
This is probably the best piece of head to head competition in the PPC business. These two companies are working so hard to constantly improve their products that we are all the winners. Superb products and competitive prices.

Long may it continue. :D

JohnJohn
11-28-2003, 04:12 AM
I recent moved to Agenda Fusion because my 41xx and keyboard is not letting me take notes in Pocket Informant. I am begining to like it. To bad I had to pay for both. :D

paris
11-28-2003, 04:15 AM
Someting tells me that the contact pictures are not compatible with outlook 2003.

Anyone tried to see if it will actually sync the pictures from Outlook 2003?

JohnJohn
11-28-2003, 05:46 AM
Someting tells me that the contact pictures are not compatible with outlook 2003.

Not sure because I can't even find how to add a picture for a contact.

cmlpreston
11-28-2003, 07:57 AM

Not sure because I can't even find how to add a picture for a contact.

From the FAQ (took me ages to find it too!)

Q: How can I display the image of my contacts like your screen shots show?
A: For Version 5.3 and later:

On your Pocket PC, create a new folder located under the \My Documents folder (or the equivalent named folder if your Pocket PC is not running an English language operating system).

Name this folder FusionContactPhotos, so you now have \My Documents\FusionContactPhotos.

Copy your contact images to this folder (*.bmp, *.gif and *.jpg supported)

Rename the contact image file(s) after the "File As" name for your contact.
(i.e. Jones, Bob.gif) To determine the "File As" name for your contact, look in the Agenda Fusion contacts listing and display all contacts by File As to see what the name for your image should be.)

The next time you open that contact, you'll see the image displayed in the preview window! We'll be making this process a bit simpler in a follow-on version of Agenda Fusion.

cmlp

Jerry Raia
11-28-2003, 08:20 AM

I sync directly with an exchange 2003 server. I placed some pics in the AF contact list, they didn't show up after the sync when I checked on outlook 2003.

I havent tried the reverse yet.

Jaap van Ees
11-28-2003, 08:22 AM

Just an old trick. I use the same folder to keep my contacts pictures in. So I add pictures to Outlook 2003 from the \My Documents\Pocket PC_My Documents\FusionContactsPhotos folder on my desktop. This directory also syncs (of course it does) with my iPaq.

:lol:

lapchinj
11-28-2003, 04:35 PM
The Pocket-pc user has to choose between two great PIMs: Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant..

I've come to the conclusion that there isn't a choice between the two anymore. I thought I was in love with AF then I thought it was a love affair with PI. These love affairs went back and forth for a couple of years and were always related to the developers "devotion" to making the customer happy and their awesome upgrades. So I finally gave up and keep both AF and PI on my iPAQ and up to date with the latest versions.

So which one do I use most? Both. YEAH, that's what I said BOTH :shocked!: . I'll use the PIM that came out with the latest upgrade in the mornings and the other in the afternoons - sometimes I'll mix and match. So far this system has been working fine (some people say I lost it though :? ) for about the last 6 months and I don’t see changing it any time soon. To top that off I use DataLens to round off the day. Now that’s COOL 8) (maybe it's also nerdy and/or stupid but definitely COOL 8) ). Sometimes I wonder if I go to work so I have a reason to play with my iPAQ or my iPAQ is the reason I go to work. :alfdance: :alfdance: :alfdance:

The only thing that comes close to being as cool as this combo is doing a wicked Google search :google: (Take some obscure subject, Google it and see who come up with the most or best hits - but that's for a different thread).

Jeff -

Jerry Raia
11-28-2003, 05:40 PM
I own the both of them now too. I lost it long before PDA's though. :twisted:

bobpenn
11-28-2003, 06:32 PM
I get a memory error everytime I try to install the 5.3 update. I am using Windows 2000. Anyone seen this? I cannot load the update at all.

Jaap van Ees
11-28-2003, 07:37 PM
I get a memory error everytime I try to install the 5.3 update. I am using Windows 2000. Anyone seen this? I cannot load the update at all.
That's odd. Try uninstalling the previous version of AF first. From desktop and PPC.

petvas
11-28-2003, 09:00 PM

Get the cab installer from http://www.developerone.com/files/devoneagendafusion_ppc_en_v53.cab

Copy it to your device and run it from there...

paris
11-29-2003, 12:38 AM

Just an old trick. I use the same folder to keep my contacts pictures in. So I add pictures to Outlook 2003 from the \My Documents\Pocket PC_My Documents\FusionContactsPhotos folder on my desktop. This directory also syncs (of course it does) with my iPaq.

:lol:

That is not a trick but overkill. I have 30-50 pictures already in outlook 2003 and i don’t plan to spend hours just to get them appear on the Pocket PC. I consider the contacts picture feature of AF very premature and incomplete. I hope competition will make it the right way and make it compatible/sync able with outlook and easy to use.

Edit - My guess is that AF has made it work this way since they plan to release a sync applet for Activesync that will read the contact pictures from outlook2003 and store them on the pocket pc in that folder and work vice versa. But why have they included that feature now since its incomplete and not easy to use? For competition?

DeveloperOne
11-29-2003, 02:34 AM

If you are still experiencing the problem after redownloading, please let me know.

petvas
11-29-2003, 05:51 AM
Today a small new update was posted that brings AF in version 5.32 that fixes the following small issues:

* Hourly week view was reverting to 7 days if 5 or 6 was set

* On Today view, wrapping some task items was incorrect

* Adjustment to position of Delete Task in tap/hold menus

* On 2003, custom task alam times not always being set correctly

Please redownload from:

CAB Installer:
http://www.developerone.com/files/devoneagendafusion_ppc_en_v53.cab

Desktop Setup Executable:
http://www.developerone.com/files/devoneagendafusion_ppc_en_v53.exe

Jaap van Ees
11-29-2003, 08:39 AM
That is not a trick but overkill. I have 30-50 pictures already in outlook 2003 and i don’t plan to spend hours just to get them appear on the Pocket PC. (...)

That's why it is a trick (and not a final solution). People who just started setting up their pictures could do this if they want to.

My guess is that AF has made it work this way since they plan to release a sync applet for Activesync that will read the contact pictures from outlook2003 and store them on the pocket pc in that folder and work vice versa.

You're correct, DeveloperOne announced a solution in the faq on the D1 site.

petvas
11-29-2003, 09:29 AM
@Jaap van Ees: Where exactly did you see this announcement? Developerone just announced that they will be creating a GUI in order to assign pictures to contacts...
Synching with Oulook 2003 will have to wait a little more... This is something Microsoft is doing...

Jaap van Ees
11-29-2003, 09:49 AM
@Jaap van Ees: Where exactly did you see this announcement? Developerone just announced that they will be creating a GUI in order to assign pictures to contacts...
Synching with Oulook 2003 will have to wait a little more... This is something Microsoft is doing...

I meant the GUI thing. Sorry for any confusion. :oops:
Although, knowing John Psuik, I am sure he will come up with a solution for the syncing problem. :)

petvas
11-29-2003, 09:51 AM

I meant the GUI thing. Sorry for any confusion. :oops:
Although, knowing John Psuik, I am sure he will come up with a solution for the syncing problem. :)

Don't worry about it!!! Anyway, John has done a great job with the latest update and everybody should try Agenda Fusion!!!

Jaap van Ees
11-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Anyway, John has done a great job with the latest update and everybody should try Agenda Fusion!!!

NOW you're talking!! :way to go:

paris
11-29-2003, 07:32 PM

That means wait for yet another version of the pocket pc os and yet another version of activesync.

I was hoping for a syncable solution from AF since i am the one of the many who recommend this feature to AF. ;) But as i said erlier prolly they plan to do it via a sync applet unless they dont find a way to read and store the pictures in/from outlook 2003.

petvas
11-29-2003, 07:35 PM

That means wait for yet another version of the pocket pc os and yet another version of activesync.

I was hoping for a syncable solution from AF since i am the one of the many who recommend this feature to AF. ;) But as i said erlier prolly they plan to do it via a sync applet unless they dont find a way to read and store the pictures in/from outlook 2003.
This is not very easy you know...
I am sure that John will try to do that anyway...