View Full Version : Changing my PC i sync to - What do i do?

jsstevo
11-27-2003, 07:01 PM
I'm changing the PC i sync my IPAQ 2210 to. I'm moving all my files accross (Outlook e-mails, tasks, etc.). I'll install Activesync on the new PC, but what do i do then? Do i have to perform a hard reset on the IPAQ to clear mem before syncing to new pc and to remove old settings?

Also would this create duplicate e-mails, etc.

Many Thanks

Jonathan

Glohamar
11-27-2003, 07:22 PM
If you copy everything over to the same folders, the only thing that you should have to do is create your PPC partnership on the new PC. I will warn that there is a chance that ActiveSync will create duplicates, but you should not lose anything. Backup just in case though, ActiveSync is unpredictable.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Dave

jsstevo
11-27-2003, 07:27 PM
Cheers,

What's thanksgiving?? I'm English in England!!!!!

We only have Christmas. Any we have nothing to be thankful about.

Cheers

Janak Parekh
11-27-2003, 07:45 PM
I will warn that there is a chance that ActiveSync will create duplicates, but you should not lose anything. Backup just in case though, ActiveSync is unpredictable.
The way to ensure you don't have duplicates is to start with an empty Outlook on your new desktop, and to let the Pocket PC fill it with data.

--janak

jsstevo
11-27-2003, 09:18 PM
but i don't back-up all of my e-mails, just certain folders. I've got 1,000's at work!

jsstevo
11-28-2003, 03:44 PM
In the end i decided to do a hard reset and then activesync to the new pc.

I worked great. Just remember to save any files!! I did, but only just remembered!!

Cheers all