View Full Version : What kind of games can I play on this device?

DRaysGoRocco
11-27-2003, 05:09 PM
I have an Axim X3 (300 MHz) and not sure how great of games I can play before it gets too slow or freezes on me.

Anyone else have this same pda that can help me out? I just dont want to buy any games and not have them work. My guess is that I cant play anything too great like sim city 2000, first person shooters or pocket wars, but I could be wrong.

Thanks,

Dan

ChristopherTD
11-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Most games have trial versions that will let you evaluate their performance (and also see if you actually like them).

Mitch D
11-28-2003, 02:51 AM
Depends on the type of games you like, heck I have played some on these newer games on my old iPaq 3830 just for the fun of it, although I must say they play better on my Ax X3i though. :D

PetiteFlower
11-28-2003, 03:07 AM
I have an x5 300 and I can play all the games I've tried just fine. Including Pocket Nester which rocks :)

Warning though--do NOT download the trial of simcity, it's not a real trial, it's just an endless screenshot loop that you have to soft reset to get out of!

David Prahl
12-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Keep in mind that any game written for the Pocket PC Operating System works on ANY Pocket PC devices (Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc.).

Sounds like you like action games - check out "Argentum" at http://www.ionside.com/argentum/ , "Anthelion","Snails" (a 'Worms' clone) and "Gamebox Classics" from www.pdamill.com.

The list goes on and on - do a search here at Pocket PC Thoughts for "Games" or "favorite games", and visit the "Pocket PC" section of www.download.com .

Vulcan
12-14-2003, 01:54 AM
There are lots of emulators out there for Nintendo, Commodore 64 etc....Lots of older PC games have also been ported to PPC.

Janak Parekh
12-14-2003, 02:38 AM
Warning though--do NOT download the trial of simcity, it's not a real trial, it's just an endless screenshot loop that you have to soft reset to get out of!
The shame of this (their decision to make a "fake" trial, that is) is that the port of SimCity 2000 (http://www.ziointeractive.com/product.html?n=16) is absolutely top-notch, and fully playable. A great purchase on my part -- except that it eats up too much time. ;)

--janak

PetiteFlower
12-14-2003, 06:36 AM
I won't buy it though, I'm too offended at what their "trial" did to my ppc.

maximus
12-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Anyone has any news/updates regarding the port of 'civilization' game to PPC mentioned on an earlier thread ? That game will definitely help kill the boredom on cabs between apartment and office.

moosemastafoo
12-20-2003, 08:01 AM
I found a quake demo on CNET that I am gonna put on my X3 400Mhz, when I get it for christmas.