View Full Version : Fixing a Linksys

merk1821
11-27-2003, 12:09 AM
Hi there all u PPCt members

I have a Jornada 548 and a linksys WCF12 Cf 80211b network adapter. For the longest time, both units seem to work fairly well together. Then....one evening... my Jornada 548 froze up with the Linksys card in it. No problem i thought all just reset it which i did and then it happened. My Jornada had done a hard reset. Still not a huge concern. My Jornada 548 has seems some rough times ( one of the screws that had held the back cover on had popped out and had kept resetting the unit until i fixed it). I then decided use a backup program to restore my unit which i did for the most part. that was until i decided to put in my Linksys card. It didnt work. I eventually got a fatal exception error message with regards to a system file. I eventually had to do a hard reset which restore the PPC2000 from the ROM. I have been able to restore all of my other programs and Stowaway keyboard and they have worked flawlessly. My pronblem lies with the linksys Card. My Jornada will not recognize the card the majority of the time. And when it does , i am not able to access my wireless network at all.

1) Is the problem with the Jornada or the Linksys card?
and
2) is there a software solution to this or is the problem in the battered hardware (the linksys card has been dropped once; not very far though) ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Janak Parekh
11-27-2003, 02:47 AM
The only way to tell for sure would be to try the Linksys in a different device -- it's possible the CF slot is acting up...

--janak

merk1821
11-27-2003, 05:06 PM
All of my regular CF cards seems to work in my Jornada.. Now who do i know who has a Pocket PC laying around?

JASON................................

LOL

Janak Parekh
11-27-2003, 07:47 PM
All of my regular CF cards seems to work in my Jornada.. Now who do i know who has a Pocket PC laying around?
That does seem to indicate a fault with the Linksys card. Re testing: do you have access to a laptop, and does Linksys provide desktop Windows drivers? If so, that would be a perfect setup.

--janak

merk1821
11-28-2003, 06:14 AM
Yeah im just trying to find someone in my area who would have a Pocket PC so i can test the Linksys car. Im just not having any luck though

merk1821
12-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Well its been a week or so since this whole situation has started. My Linksys CF card still freezes up my Jornada and when i remove it causes my Jornada to do constant restarts. It takes a very hard reset to get my Jornada working again. And when it does work, my Jornada wont recognize the card. And when my Jornada does recognize the Linksys card, it wont find the router. I played around and switched the mode from infrastructure to ad hoc and my Linksys card will assoicate with the router . No celebration though: i cant connect and it freezes up my Jornada. So:

is it still my Linksys card or my Jornada thats is causing the Wifi card not to work?