View Full Version : How the heck do you Syncronize NOTES Subfolders??

judelaw
11-25-2003, 09:24 AM
I have the latest version of the PPC OS.
I have the latest version of MS Outlook.

But I can't figure out for the life of me how to Sync the Notes in the Subfolders (in Outlook) to the Pocket PC!?!?!

I have tried everything, including re-naming the Categories folders.

THOUGHTS?? :devilboy: :?:

skypilot
11-25-2003, 05:57 PM
What do you mean by NOTES subfolders? If you mean folders created under NOTES to help organize the Notes, then the short answer to your question is "You Don't".

Subfolders in NOTES, Contacts, Tasks do not sync to the PPC. The only subfolders that might are those under the Inbox, and then only if you check them and even then, there are reports of occassional flakiness.

I wish I could have told you that the problem is you "have the latest version" of the OS and Outlook! :lol:

Larry

Wiggin
11-25-2003, 06:05 PM
That is not a problem... that is a "feature" of the PPC :lol:

The PPC is not terribly flexible when it comes to Note objects. If you sync Notes using ActiveSync (AS), the only Notes that will sync are the ones located in your default Notes Folder within Outlook. Sub-folders are not recognized by AS... that's just the way MS designed AS.

But... MS did try to be flexible in some small way... you can locate your Notes on the PPC in any subfolder within My Documents (e.g. Personal), and Outlook will maintain the location information when it syncs. On the PC, all notes will be located in the default Notes Folder. On the PPC, the notes will reside in the subfolder. :silly:

There may be some software apps you can buy that will sync Outlook Sub-folders, but ActiveSync is not the answer for that little challenge.

Good Luck :way to go:

mpovolo2
11-26-2003, 02:54 PM
See HPC Notes.

www.phatware.com