View Full Version : Serious 2210 problem

Ipaq2210
11-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Ok here's the problem - Yesterday I came to start the BT manager for some wireless access to my BT Dongle enabled PC. I have done this 100's of times over the last 3 months or so with my 2210. This time the Ipaq just seemed to hang. I clicked the start bar and that appeared and then froze. A soft reset got the device back, but still the same happened when I tried to start BT manager.
The other strange thing is that the Ipaq Backup software would not run.
I did a hard reset and restored from a backup I had made moments earlier and everything was OK for about 5/6 hours and its done the same. I have applied the BT update from HP but its just done it again about 10 mins ago.
I havn't installed anything other than the BT update recently, but the first time it did this that wasnt installed - whats going on, anyone else had this ?

Ta

draiken
11-24-2003, 08:19 PM
No, I haven't had any problem with the BT Manager... but, if I stand outdoors, reading an e-book, and the sun strikes my 2215 from the left side, in a few seconds, the screen seems to shut down, I shade it and in just a few seconds it comes back on.

It only happens if the sun hits the screen from the left, and it takes a few (5- maybe 10) seconds to happen... maybe something gets warm on the right side of the iPAQ and shorts the screen?

Godsongz
11-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Ipaq2210, free up some of your device's storage ram (move stuff off onto an SD or CF card) and try again. There's something about needing a certain amount of available space for bluetooth to create temporary files or whatnot.

Ipaq2210
12-01-2003, 07:54 AM
Well after a nearly a week of messing around and hard resets, I have finally got to the bottom of this Bluetooth problem. I think the BT problem was a red herring as when the 2210 shows the problem, actually many applications just crash the device.

So what fixed the problem - I went back to version 5.11 of Battery Bar from the v5.2 - how can a piece of software cause such a massive failure in the device?

So as people have already suggested, suspect the software first before condeming the device itself.