View Full Version : TextMaker Outlining Question?

bcurtis
11-24-2003, 06:44 PM
I recently purchased Textmaker, and run it on my Ipaq 2210.

I do a lot of outlining in Word, and was expecting TextMaker to have similar capabilities.

The problem I am running into is Textmaker seems only to offer an Outline view for a document, but not the ability to create an outline as does Word.

What I'm looking for is the ability to create an outline of the form:

I
A
B
II

I have determined I can use TextMaker's Paragraph Styles to create a similar look, but it is an imperfect solution at best.

The problem I run into is after I use Paragraph style 1, to create the "I" level, and then Paragraph style 2 for the "A", and "B" levels, when I go back to Paragraph Style 1, for what should be the "II" level, TextMaker automatically jumps back to the "I" level.

Word provides an option to continue previous numbering, I can't find a similar option in TextMaker.

I know this is a bit confusing if you've not tried to setup an outline in TextMaker, I hope what I've written makes some sense.

Please - If anyone out there has found a solution to creating outlines in TextMaker, please respond.

I desperately need this feature.

Thanks

kevinf59
11-24-2003, 09:16 PM
I tried the same thing you did and guess what? Same results.

This seems like a bug to me. The list numbering for headings shouldn't get reset like that.

Have you sent anything to SoftMaker?

--Kevin

bcurtis
11-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Hello,

I did send and email to product support and received the following reply the next day.

<<normally you can do this by changing the paragraph styles. Currently our
programmers are working on a solution for this issue, so this will
become easier, but at the moment the only way to do this is via the
paragraph styles.
Did you choose the auto numbering (via insert=>auto number) or did you
wanted to do the numbering via a numbered list ?>>

I respnded back to them this morning, trying to get some clarification.

I will post back here if I get further helpful information.

--Barry

SoftMaker
11-26-2003, 11:50 AM
I recently purchased Textmaker, and run it on my Ipaq 2210.

I do a lot of outlining in Word, and was expecting TextMaker to have similar capabilities.

The problem I am running into is Textmaker seems only to offer an Outline view for a document, but not the ability to create an outline as does Word.

What I'm looking for is the ability to create an outline of the form:

I
A
B
II

I have determined I can use TextMaker's Paragraph Styles to create a similar look, but it is an imperfect solution at best.

The problem I run into is after I use Paragraph style 1, to create the "I" level, and then Paragraph style 2 for the "A", and "B" levels, when I go back to Paragraph Style 1, for what should be the "II" level, TextMaker automatically jumps back to the "I" level.

Word provides an option to continue previous numbering, I can't find a similar option in TextMaker.

I know this is a bit confusing if you've not tried to setup an outline in TextMaker, I hope what I've written makes some sense.

Please - If anyone out there has found a solution to creating outlines in TextMaker, please respond.

I desperately need this feature.

Thanks

I think that TextMaker already does what you need. Check out my post here:

http://www.softmaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=138

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH