View Full Version : Fast forward

iskuo
11-24-2003, 03:40 PM
I just bought an ipaq 2210. I record shows with showshifter and would like to be able to fast forward through commercials. After I fast forward with Pocket MPV and return to play, the screen goes blank and I only get audio. Does anyone know of another program that has good fast forward functionality? I use winamp 2 on my laptop and I really like the 5 second and 30 second skip buttons. Ideally I'd like something that would fast forward using the navigational buttons on the pda.

David Prahl
12-03-2003, 06:25 PM
I usually pause the video, move the progress bar forward, and press play. Not as easy, but does this work?

I was just thinking the other day how nice it would be to be able to use hardware buttons on my PPC to watch a movie. Haven't seen anything, though.

Pat Logsdon
12-03-2003, 07:36 PM
After I fast forward with Pocket MPV and return to play, the screen goes blank and I only get audio.
For what it's worth, I noticed the same thing, but the video comes back after a few seconds - maybe 5 or 10? Have you tried waiting a bit?

iskuo
12-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. I actually found that in pocket mvp if you go to Settings -> Configure -> Associations, you can map the operations to your hardware buttons.

I'm still getting the 5-10 sec freeze of video, but it does come back.

I had a file with just video and no audio ( I messed something up in the encoding), but I found that without the audio, the video would show up immediately after the fast forward.

I have since tried to lower the audio settings in the encoding process to see if it would help but it didn't. Anyone else have any ideas?

Tom W.M.
12-04-2003, 03:46 AM
I think that the pause is probably caused when PocketMVP has to wait for a keyframe to feed to the encoder. Am I right?