View Full Version : Big Battery Problem With E-755 HELP!

dragon20
11-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Guys i got A BIG PROBLEM IAM STRESSED OUT i jut bought my toshiba e-755 from USA and i live in australia

well this morning when i went to use it at skool the battary was dead so i thought ok maybe it was on

so i went home to charge it light went orange after 10 min it went green

switched it on after like 15 seconds the battary signal came up and it died i did a hard reset

but still iam stressing out can any one offer my any advice at all on this i have no idea when i plug it in to charge its fine says its charged then when i try to just run it it dies after afew min

it was working fine for the first day i had it second day its doing this help plz

any help would be apprecaited

dragon20
11-24-2003, 12:57 PM
hay guys the battary was fine i tested it with a multimeter and it was fully charged what i did was turned the little reset switch off took out the battary and left it for 15 min turned it on it went off again turned it back on and now its fine

iam still going to get it checked out but yea

could this have been a software problem? you think any advice or anything you guys can offer would be great thanks

Janak Parekh
11-24-2003, 11:06 PM
could this have been a software problem? you think any advice or anything you guys can offer would be great thanks
It's possible that if a software had crashed the device in an infinite loop, it could suck the battery dry. The key determination is to see if it keeps on happening after a hard reset...

--janak

dragon20
11-25-2003, 03:36 PM
well my pocket pc works fine now i ended up hard resting it with that little switch it didnt work so i ended up taking out the battary turning that switch on leaving it for 15 mintues put the battary in again turned switch on and then i found that there was a soft reset button softreset it and now its working fine i have tested it and

not a problem bloody scared the crap out of me fingers crossed but its working great antoher thing i did also was diasble the recording button as i would press it quite often in my pocket and i will never use the recorder

still have to learn heapz about these things =)

yvilla
11-28-2003, 11:59 PM
dragon20, I had a similar scare, and it turned out to be just a loose battery to PPC connection. You know that battery locking switch on your unit? You have to make sure the battery is in all the way, and then that the lock is truly locked.

stevey500
11-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Get some conducting grease, or use tin-foil