View Full Version : Audiovox Maestro and Toshiba e740: can they coexist on same computer?

Candygogo
11-24-2003, 01:05 AM
Hello,

I may have a buyer for my Audiovox, but he wants to see how the programs are on it. I showed him my e740, but I guess for both of us, it's best that he explore everything on the pda I'm selling (ie, worry if he'll accidently delete a program, viewing my contact info, etc...)

Anyway, since I sync my e740 to my computer, is my only option is to beam programs to the other pda? He was really interested in the multimedia capabilities of the pocket pc, and I was telling him how he can listen to audiobooks, mp3s, and the like.

Thanks guys!

Janak Parekh
11-24-2003, 01:36 AM
I don't understand -- are you asking if you can ActiveSync two Pocket PCs to the same computer? The answer is yes, as long as the Device Names (in Start => Settings => System => About) are different.

--janak

Candygogo
11-24-2003, 02:57 AM
I don't understand -- are you asking if you can ActiveSync two Pocket PCs to the same computer? The answer is yes, as long as the Device Names (in Start => Settings => System => About) are different.

--janak

I didn't want to sync both--I just wanted to install a few programs to the Audiovox so that the potential buyer could see what he could do with it.

Janak Parekh
11-24-2003, 05:42 AM
I didn't want to sync both--I just wanted to install a few programs to the Audiovox so that the potential buyer could see what he could do with it.
Ah. That's even easier -- just connect the Audiovox and cancel out of partnership creation. It'll set up the device as Guest, and you can install software on it without doing a sync.

--janak

Candygogo
11-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the help, Janak! Will I be able to slip the Audiovox into the Toshiba cradle? Yea, I'm too lazy to switch cradles :oops:

Janak Parekh
11-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the help, Janak! Will I be able to slip the Audiovox into the Toshiba cradle? Yea, I'm too lazy to switch cradles :oops:
The Maestro into an e740 cradle? I'd say stick on the safe side and don't. You can hook up both cradles simultaneously if you have enough free USB ports...

--janak