View Full Version : Getting rid of notification error message

csterns
11-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Can someone tell me how to get rid of a notification error message? I deleted a program and my H2215 keeps trying to launch the program. I can't seem to locate the file to stop from trying to run everytime I turn my H2215 on.

It says it cannot execute \Program Files\Sync&Go\SyncAndGoPPC.exe.

Thanks

Steven Cedrone
11-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Is it trying to launch on startup??? Check to see if it's trying to launch from the following location:

Use File Explorer...

Navigate to My Device, Windows, startup...

If the shortcut is there, delete it...

Steve

csterns
11-23-2003, 08:33 PM
I already checked there and nothing. It pops up when I turn on the unit.

ppcinfo
11-23-2003, 11:59 PM
The program that you removed may have placed a recurring event in the notification database queue on your device, and that is why you get a message everytime you turn on your device. This recurring event is trying to run the specified program and can't find it, thus leaving you with an error message.

It's not really obvious how to remove such an event. When you uninstalled program previously, it should have removed any such events in the database queue (if the uninstaller was properly written by the devloper). Either the uninstaller didn't work properly, or you may have stopped the removal process before it every completed.

I have two suggestions: (1) Reinstall the program that caused this problem and see if the warning message stops appearing. If so, try doing a proper removal of the application and see if that fixes the issue.
(2) Do a search on the net for a tool that can remove specific events in the notification event queue database.

Good luck!

ppcinfo