View Full Version : best place to install programs / games stuff

dragon20
11-22-2003, 05:44 PM
hay guys i got a toshiba e-755 and iam just getting into the pda scene just wanted to ask i herd afew people install prgrams etc on sd cards wanted to ask where you guys reconmend i install my programs my toshiba has i think 64 meg ram plus another 32meg nand ram which i still dont understand exactly =)

but yea do you reconmend installing applications on sd card etc or just keep sd card for files games music etc?

thanks guys

Ed Hansberry
11-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Games can be large. I don't play many of them, but those that I do are always installed to the SD card.

JustinGTP
11-22-2003, 11:22 PM
Dragon20,

The Nand memory, to put in simple terms, is a place for you to put all the important information and/or files that you do not want to get deleted when your device may have a hard reset.

Regarding the games, I like to place them all on my 256mb SD Card so that I can leave the actual 64mbs on my iPaq for memory when running more complex programs.

-Justin.

pocketpcfox
11-23-2003, 12:11 AM
I was under the impression that a processor-intensive, heavy graphics using game would be best installed in the on-board ram... <lots of hand waving here...> since a) access may be noticeably slower and/or b) it would entail less wear-and-tear.

Am I completely wrong?

:|

Ed Hansberry
11-23-2003, 12:26 AM
It is stored on the storage card. When you runi it, it is moved to RAM for processing, just like apps on your PC's hard drive are copied to RAM.

pocketpcfox
11-23-2003, 10:57 AM
It is stored on the storage card. When you runi it, it is moved to RAM for processing, just like apps on your PC's hard drive are copied to RAM.

Thanks for clearing that up, Ed. :D I see "a spade is a spade" i.e. storage is storage.