View Full Version : Browser Problems.....Mozilla and IE6

nosmohtac
11-22-2003, 07:26 AM
I have always used IE up until recently. I have never had any problems with IE, but one day a couple of months ago, it quit taking me to links on a page. I posted a question on this forum about how to fix it, but the only reply I got was to use Mozilla instead. I have been using Mozilla now for a while, but on this web site, whenever I try to refresh the page or vote on a poll, I get taken to this page http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/assets/Aurora/swf/bar.swf

I am getting rather frustrated, and haven't found a solution.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have been trying my IE again, and it will let me vote on polls and post the results, and I can go to some links, but a lot of the headline links don't work.

Janak Parekh
11-23-2003, 02:51 AM
Poll voting on the frontpage does indeed have issues with Mozilla. I usually go into "Discuss this story" and vote from there, without any problems. I haven't had a chance to set up a bugreport on the subject.

As for your IE problem, I'm afraid I don't know what's causing it :( I think you already scanned for and removed spyware, right? Also try disabling popup blockers and see if that fixes your problem; some popup blockers are too overzealous.

--janak

nosmohtac
11-23-2003, 03:13 AM
Yes, I have run adaware, and removed all spyware. I don't have any pop up blockers running. I was thinking that the problem started after installing updates (to IE 6) I uninstalled the updates, but it still reacts the same.

nosmohtac
11-23-2003, 06:12 AM
My main internet experience is spent on this site, and after surfing around the web, I have come to realize that it isn't every site that IE isn't working in. In fact, it even works on this site, except when I am browsing in the forums. Links don't work from within the forums.

Janak Parekh
11-23-2003, 04:28 PM
My main internet experience is spent on this site, and after surfing around the web, I have come to realize that it isn't every site that IE isn't working in. In fact, it even works on this site, except when I am browsing in the forums. Links don't work from within the forums.
That's utterly bizarre. I use several machines and browsers, and have never had a problem. :|

--janak