View Full Version : HELP!! Why won't ActiveSync work again! (iPAQ 3835)

jmkeuning
11-20-2003, 06:27 AM
iPAQ 3835
Compaq Laptop Serial Connection.

I have this iPAQ I sync at work and home, two partnerships. I sync at work through a USB cable and at home through infrared. I reformatted the HD at home and installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 - then I used the cradle with a serial port (after the infrared would not connect automatically) and it now will not recognize my freakin device (I do not have USB). I have restarted everything multiple times and do not know what to do.
I have started with PPc docked, not docked, on, off, evetyhing I can think of.
Like I said, everything worked fine yesterday before the reformat. Also, the Activesync options on the iPAQ are "Enable synchronization when cradled using 19200 Default" and I've tried all the others.
And it all still works on the USB at work.

What should I try next?

Mike

jmkeuning
11-20-2003, 07:01 AM
After I wrote the above reply I tried again, downgraded to ActiveSync3.5 and tried the serial a few more times. When that did not work I unplugged everything, lined up the infrareds and tried to sync a few times. When that did not work, I sat on the couch to read the paper. A few minutes later my computer started making the "infrared connection lost" noise. I jumped up and saw my iPAQ shutting down (no power). I plugged it into the wall, tried to sync, and the bastard worked.

This is insane.