View Full Version : Signature Wizard Launched

Jason Dunn
11-19-2003, 02:44 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...ode=editprofile</a><br /><br /></div>Ok, here's what I want everyone do to: <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile">go to their preferences</a> and click on the <b>Create/Edit Your Signature</b> button halfway down the page. This is a new interface, designed by the ever-clever Fabrizio Fiandanese, that takes you step by step through creating your signature and linking a graphic to it. As promised, one 88 x 31 graphic is the only type of graphic allowed in the sig. Internet Explorer users will see a nice rich text editing box that will help you "design" your sig as well. Enjoy!

JonnoB
11-19-2003, 02:53 AM
The launch of the wizard from IE is cool. It is really easy! Too bad, the wizard does not work from PIE.

Update: I chose to edit my existing signature and it blew it away (deleted it)... I guess I will recreate it now :(

jkendrick
11-19-2003, 02:57 AM
Wow. This is cool indeed. Nice job!

Wuss912
11-19-2003, 03:05 AM
but i dont want a sig...
:P

iPaqDude
11-19-2003, 03:07 AM
Hmmmm... guess I am doing something wrong?? It blew away my old one and doesn't want to save my new one.

Guess I will try again.

JonnoB
11-19-2003, 03:23 AM
Hmmmm... guess I am doing something wrong?? It blew away my old one and doesn't want to save my new one.

Guess I will try again.

I found the problem... Don't hit submit changes on the bottom of your profile config screen. Once the wizard is done, the signature is updated. If you submit changes, it will wipe it out.

Ed Hansberry
11-19-2003, 03:39 AM
I found the problem... Don't hit submit changes on the bottom of your profile config screen. Once the wizard is done, the signature is updated. If you submit changes, it will wipe it out.
I get nothing no matter what I do. :?

Ed Hansberry
11-19-2003, 03:41 AM
Oh, now it works. Posts made without sigs revert to having the "attach sig" line unchecked.

karen
11-19-2003, 03:50 AM
...I get a Please Login (and nothing else) windon after chosing Text. I am logged in...

K :oops:

David Prahl
11-19-2003, 04:09 AM
I tried to "modify" my sig, but didn't make any changes to it. Now it's gone! Where I am without my Microsoft-bashing? Tried finishing the sig wizard and then closing the Prefs page without submitting, but I still can't insert my sig.

:werenotworthy: Excellent work, Fabrizio!:werenotworthy:

TheScream
11-19-2003, 04:15 AM
Hrm... not particularly happy about the limitations of size on the images. My sig is usually this...
http://www.thescream.org/images/sig/dynimage.ashx (http://www.thescream.org/images/sig/dynimage.ashx)
...which IMHO isn't too big however it isn't allowed. (click on it to bring it up in a new window. Reload a few times to see random sigs.

Perhaps a maximum width and height and number of pixels would be more appropriate. Mine varies depending on the message to between 400 and 500 pixels wide and is only ever 16 pixels high.

I like my sig, it is unique. I can see that some people could abuse the sig privilage if the rules were more lax, a happy medium must be difficult to find.

iPaqDude
11-19-2003, 04:28 AM

Thanks!! that did the trick!! :)

David Prahl
11-19-2003, 04:30 AM
Doesn't work for me. Can someone write out the step-by-step instructions for inserting a new signature?

gorkon280
11-19-2003, 05:10 AM
I noticed my Old sig was EDITED before I even touched it. Fixed it up. All I had was text anyway.

Mike Temporale
11-19-2003, 05:13 AM
Cool !!! Nice Job. :way to go:

Bladefree21
11-19-2003, 05:22 AM
Very Straight forward :!:, and easy! :D

Now for a graphic to be linked to the signature......

?

David Prahl
11-19-2003, 05:23 AM
I still can't add my sig...

Janak Parekh
11-19-2003, 05:30 AM
I still can't add my sig...
Try a simpler one first. :)

--janak

juni
11-19-2003, 06:33 AM
I'm happy as long as my old one works. :)

Jerry Raia
11-19-2003, 06:38 AM

Thanks!! that did the trick!! :)

So the next time you change something else in your profile and press "submit", you'll have to go back and redo your signature?

Pat Logsdon
11-19-2003, 08:08 AM
So the next time you change something else in your profile and press "submit", you'll have to go back and redo your signature?
Looks like that's the case. I added my sig graphic, then switched to another page without hitting "Submit". When I went back to the Preferences page, the sig graphic was there. Then I changed my occupation text a bit, submitted, and then went back - poof, no more signature. :cry:

dh
11-19-2003, 01:04 PM
It took me a few tries to get it to work. Turned out that the graphic file needs to be in the main directory of the site it's hosted at. I had mine in a subdirectory and it couldn't be found. I moved it up a level and it's fine now.

Fabrizio Fiandanese
11-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Thank you for your feedback I've just found and squashed a bug which removed the signature data when the submit button of the profile page was pressed.
So, please, if you have had problems with the sig wizard, try once again :-)

Jerry Raia
11-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Thank you for your feedback I've just found and squashed a bug which removed the signature data when the submit button of the profile page was pressed.
So, please, if you have had problems with the sig wizard, try once again :-)

Yes it is fixed now...well done.