View Full Version : Stuck in Iraq....looking for a Pocket PC

GuyInIZ
11-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Kristoffer J Buquet and I am an active duty United States Army soldier currently deployed to Iraq as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

I have a question and/or a request for the group regarding Pocket PC’s (specifically the HP Pocket PC line).

When I was notified of my deployment I wanted to purchase a HP Pocket PC so that I could store my troops information on it. Things like their equipment lists, gear sizes, etc...as well as being able to write letters on it to my friends back in the states.

However deploying to Iraq I assumed that the general desert like environment would not be very "friendly" to electronic devices so I did not purchase a Pocket PC to bring with me. The first portion of my deployment saw my assumption come true, however I then moved to a more clean environment in Baghdad. Now that I am here in Baghdad the conditions are suitable for such a device.

Due to the area that I am in I did not bring my credit/debit card with me, because there is no where to use them in Iraq. Hence I now do not have a way of purchasing a Pocket PC.

I was wondering if you all know of any place or anyone who would consider donating a refurbished Pocket PC to me for my use to while I am deployed here in Iraq.

Please consider my request as an honest and legitimate one as I have no method of payment with me while I am deployed in the combat zone.

If anyone knows of any such place or person that may be willing to donate a Pocket PC to me please let me know as I would be greatly appreciative! Or if you do know of any place or a person who would be willing to donate a Pocket PC to me please fwd them this e-mail and my address here in Baghdad.

Kristoffer J Buquet
ISG-JIDC
BIAP
APO AE 09335

Respectfully,

Kristoffer J Buquet
SGT, USA
[email protected]

dean_shan
11-18-2003, 01:33 AM
I have no spare PPC but I do have a Palm I don't use. Not sure if that will work for you though.