View Full Version : PPCs and Wireless Projectors

Kati Compton
11-17-2003, 03:21 AM
Has anyone used (or know of someone using) a PPC with a wireless (WiFi) projector? You know, without using a VGA adapter?

David Prahl
11-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Is there such a thing? An LCD projector with integrated BT or wi-fi?

Dave Beauvais
11-18-2003, 04:35 AM
I haven't seen on with Bluetooth but there are certainly projectors with WiFi. (Granted, I haven't actually looked for Bluetooth-enabled projectors, so they may exist.) At my last job we got a Sony projector with built-in WiFi that actually ran Windows CE. Yes, the projector itself had an OS. You could view PowerPoint, Excel, and Word documents without ever attaching a PC to it. With the wireless connection you could also use the built-in Internet Explorer to browse the Web. With a WiFi-enabled computer with the appropriate software installed, you could also project your screen to the projector without attaching a cable to the VGA-out port. The projector essentially became a remote desktop client.

However, to answer Kati's question, since this particular projector required software to be installed on a PC in order to connect and display, I doubt it would work with a Pocket PC unless similar software were available.

Brad Adrian
11-18-2003, 05:02 AM
You can do it as Dave describes, or connect the projector to a notebook PC. You can then "drive" the presentation from your Pocket PC once you've connected the Pocket PC to the notebook wirelessly (either by connecting both to the same LAN or creating an ad hoc connection between the two).

Kati Compton
11-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Interesting. Thanks!