View Full Version : Flashing MDA II with XDA II rom

sems
11-15-2003, 04:17 AM
Hey I got a MDA II, which is German, and would like to flash it with o2 or imate rom.

Has anyone done it? I have seen old xda-developers.com tools seem to be able to dump the rom to sd, but can't trust it. Any help is appreciated.

Sems

Kadegboye
11-15-2003, 09:36 PM
If you are in Europe where O2 is a big carrier, all you need do is to go to O2 shop and take a contract and they will give you O2 SIM card which contains everything you need. If however you are not in a country where O2 operates like here in the USA, you cannot used O2 SIM card but you can go to other GSM carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile and get a contract and their SIM card.
Best of luck.
Kay

Jason Lee
11-25-2003, 10:45 PM
but it will still be in german...

gratefuled
12-06-2003, 02:19 AM
Sem,
I believe I haveexactly what you are looking for, or at least part of it.
I have the MDA II. When it arrived it was partially configured in German and partly in English. I was given a Romextension and another .txt file. I followed the instructions given to me, and I now have a fully integrated English Rom. No issues whatsoever.
Ed

Kadegboye
12-07-2003, 04:45 PM
I got my XDA II a few days ago and I noticed that it has some German equivalents by the side of English commands. This is not a problem at all because everything is written in English first and the German equivalents occur more in the O2 interphase. I agree that the best thing is to ask for ROM extension and txt. files to fix the problem for those who experience any problem with their sets.