View Full Version : Blue Light flashing with BT off on 2215?

calocalo
11-14-2003, 06:08 PM
I thought the blue light was just for bluetooth. My blue light started flashing at random times even though I have bluetooth off, as if i was connected. Is this indicator light used for any other types of connections?

I cant remember exact chain of events that started this, but I know it started after I installed Delorme XMap handheld to use with a serial GPS unit (Radio Shacks Digitraveler). After using GPS, the blue light would flash at odd times, stop , then start again. I also connected to Wifi through CF slot at one point, but flashing still occurs when card removed.

Reset, stops the flashing, until I use GPS, and Wifi again.

What else, other than bluetooth, can cause flashing of blue light?

WyattEarp
11-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Sounds like the GPS and Wifi software are causing the Bluetooth radio to activate. Check the settings for those devices. Make sure there is no automatic activation set. If that doesn't work you could unistall them and reinstall them one at a time and check for the same problem after each install.

freitasm
11-14-2003, 11:23 PM
It must be a problem with Windows Mobile 2003. Sometimes my H3970 with WM2003 starts flashing the BT indicator light when I place it in the cradle - even when the Bluetooth is OFF.

If I turn the device on and off it stops.

cml
11-15-2003, 01:38 AM
I had the same thing happen to me when I didn't have my GPS in the CF slot, but turned on my mapping program that had the GPS Autostart option turned on.

Ed Hansberry
11-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Old HP glitch. My 3870, 3970 and 2215 all do it occasionally with a WiFi CF card in use. :?

sxr71
11-17-2003, 10:06 PM
It must be a problem with Windows Mobile 2003. Sometimes my H3970 with WM2003 starts flashing the BT indicator light when I place it in the cradle - even when the Bluetooth is OFF.

If I turn the device on and off it stops.

The device seems to have two power modes one for battery and one for AC power. If you had bluetooth on at any time while it was in the cradle it turns bluettoth on whenever you put it back in the cradle. The way to disable that automatic turn on is to disable BT while the device is still in the cradle. Then BT does not turn on when placed in the cradle any more.