View Full Version : XDA II or MDA II or I-Mate

Kadegboye
11-14-2003, 02:32 AM
Ladies & Gentlemen,
I need an urgent advice. I got an offer of i-mate instead of XDA II because XDA II is locked to O2 servce. As far as I know and from all the reviews I have read, both machines are the same. Is there anybody out there who knows if there is any difference between the two, no matter how small the difference is? Will anybody accept this offer knowing fully well that i-mate is unlocked - a great advantage! XDA II will eventually be unlocked but nobody knows when. Also, is there anybody who got, unlocked & is using XDA II outside Europe? Only Germany has MDA II to my knowledge.
Thanks
Kay

Jon Westfall
11-14-2003, 04:44 AM
From what I can tell, after using the imate for over a week, there is no difference between what I've read about the XDA II and the imate except for the branding on the front of the device (clearly visible in pictures). The imate does come without o2 software, so if that's important to have, you'll have to wait for roms to become available and methods to flash the imate are widely known.

Kadegboye
11-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Thank you Jon,
After an extensive research, I came to a similar conclusion yesterday. The only difference between i-mate and XDA II is O2 interphase in XDA II. I-mate comes usually without SIM card and hence it can be used with any GSM carrier which is a great advantage. The other one like you pointed out is the O2 logo which is not important at all. I have put an order for i-mate.
Regards.
Kay

ojleblanc
11-15-2003, 12:17 AM
From where are you ordering the iMate? A friend of mine has been on a waiting list to get one of the 2003 PPC Phone Editions for months. She would be so thankful to know where she can obtain one now.

TIA,

-ojleblanc

Kadegboye
11-21-2003, 10:47 PM
I have ordered one from eXpansys for about two weeks but I have not received it yet. For sure, this UK based Company carries i-mate but availability is the problem. I am now thinking of another means of getting one although I haven't cancelled my orders.