View Full Version : You are a LOSER!!!!

Noel
11-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Now that I have your attention... :wink:
I suggest a poll on that obnoxious tribalfusion "WINNER" ad
that shows up like an uninvited party drunk on various pages
on PPCT. Who screens these ads Jason? That one is not just a sight for sore eyes it may be medically dangerous...

Reflex Epilepsy
Generated by flashing lights, alternating light/dark lines or synchronous flickers.

Maybe it's just me.
Maybe I'm just in a cranky mood.

What does anyone else think?

Noel

JustinGTP
11-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Edit:
OH, nevermind! I know those ads, and they are so annoying. I did plan to become a subscriber sometime soon, but the bigcheese is hostile towards me :(

The one I see the most is the muvee autoproducer on nearly everypage - and that is hardly to do with the ppc.

-Justin.

Jason Dunn
11-13-2003, 05:53 PM
I've blocked all ads that fall under the "flashing" category - now we'll just see how accurate Tribal Fusion's classification system is...

dh
11-13-2003, 05:57 PM
If you don't like the ads just send money to the J-Dude and you can turn them off! :D

Noel
11-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks Jason.
Justin - I'm waiting to grab it when and if it shows...

Noel

Jason Dunn
11-13-2003, 06:06 PM
What does anyone else think?

I think you should become a subscriber, support this site, and block all the ads. Problem solved! :wink:

PoweriPaq
11-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Could I become a member and still have the adds? I love to see what's out there. I usually click on them.

Jason Dunn
11-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Could I become a member and still have the adds? I love to see what's out there. I usually click on them.

Absolutely. Ad blocking is turned OFF by default, so you'll see the ads unless you go into your preferences and turn them off. I like it when people like to see ads. ;-)

Steven Cedrone
11-13-2003, 06:18 PM

Yes you can...

BTW, post moved to the "Off-Topic" forum... :wink:

Steve

GoldKey
11-13-2003, 06:19 PM

Yes, I have left the ads on.

Personally, I have a problem with ads that say "You've Won" or something of the sort when that really is not true. Very misleading.

Noel
11-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Jason wrote:
I think you should become a subscriber, support this site, and block all the ads. Problem solved!

That flashing "WINNER" ad was your subscription one wasn't it Jason!???
LOL. :lol:

Noel

PS. I'll think about it - now that it's history - and keep up the GREAT work Jason!

Jason Dunn
11-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Personally, I have a problem with ads that say "You've Won" or something of the sort when that really is not true. Very misleading.

I agree, but unfortunately no one has yet invented an "honesty in advertising" filter. :lol:

dh
11-13-2003, 06:21 PM
What would be great if we could filter the ads ourselves. I have no problem with the tech ads, in fact I've followed the links and bought from them.

I can't stand the dumb Tribalfusion flashing and generally tacky ones. I appreciate the reason they have to be there sometimes. Shame the PPC based companies don't cough up more advertising money.

maximus
11-14-2003, 02:05 AM
I just saw another add saying:

You are visitor #857336 to this site.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE WON ! [click here]

Flashing flashing.

Thinkingmandavid
11-14-2003, 04:57 AM
Some of the ads i dont like so i usually ignore them. If a software is unfamiliar to myself then i click on it to check it out.
muvee one i have seen a lot of, it is for certain a 'larger' ad.

Noel
11-17-2003, 07:18 PM
http://www.seespotruninc.com/images/winner.jpg